Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

widespreadpanic

Livin' The Moon Time
Got the new Business & Commercial Aviation mag today(November) and on the cover is a picture of the G150. There is a beautiful picture of the airplane with what appears to be no nose gear. It is just hovering in the air.
How does that get on the cover a aviation magazine?

WP

Might just be the gear timing cycle or something, and the magazine was just giving the reader a different look.

widespreadpanic said:
Got the new Business & Commercial Aviation mag today(November) and on the cover is a picture of the G150. There is a beautiful picture of the airplane with what appears to be no nose gear. It is just hovering in the air.
How does that get on the cover a aviation magazine?

WP

One of the main gear doors is missing too. We spotted this last week. But then again, when the Lear 31 first came out an made the cover of Flying, they received a lot of comments about flying the airplane for the picture shoot with the jack-pads still on it......

Missing Nose Gear

This is hysterical. I showed it to my 4 year old and said, "what's wrong with this airplane?" He immediately pointed to the missing gear!!! Yet, it made it passed a bunch of people making more money than me!

Look in the current issue of ProPilot on the use of O2. Picture is of a guy flying a Falcon with the O2 mask on. Look out the window...at altitude with mountains in the distance. Now look at the DV window. WIDE OPEN!

Gotta be some copy editors who are now working in the mail room!

2000Flyer

There's actually a very simple explaination...

The picture was taken from the back of a Chevy S-10 pickup doing Vref +10 down the runway. Shortly after the picture was taken the pilot skillfully put the nose of the airplane over the bed of the pickup where an awaiting mechanic was able to pry open the gear doors, release the uplocks and manually extend the nosegear. By the way, this was the same crew that successfully extended one of the main gear on a Cherokee Arrow a while back.

'Sled

Lead Sled said:
There's actually a very simple explaination...

The picture was taken from the back of a Chevy S-10 pickup doing Vref +10 down the runway. Shortly after the picture was taken the pilot skillfully put the nose of the airplane over the bed of the pickup where an awaiting mechanic was able to pry open the gear doors, release the uplocks and manually extend the nosegear. By the way, this was the same crew that successfully extended one of the main gear on a Cherokee Arrow a while back.

'Sled
when we did that, we used a jeep wrangler :D

The most shocking thing about that G150 is its runway limitations... I wonder if Netjets will inform its owners who live in Aspen and Telluride that they will be using other aircraft (if they are G150 owners) to get there? Great looking airplane but those runway limitations are a concern...

On Your Six said:
The most shocking thing about that G150 is its runway limitations... I wonder if Netjets will inform its owners who live in Aspen and Telluride that they will be using other aircraft (if they are G150 owners) to get there? Great looking airplane but those runway limitations are a concern...
Actually it won't be much of an issue at all - provided the crews have an alternate escape procedure.

'Sled

2000flyer said:
Look in the current issue of ProPilot on the use of O2. Picture is of a guy flying a Falcon with the O2 mask on. Look out the window...at altitude with mountains in the distance. Now look at the DV window. WIDE OPEN!

Gotta be some copy editors who are now working in the mail room!

2000Flyer

I knew there were more reasons that I don't read that rag!

Latest resources

Back