Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Anyone help a brother out with the current G100 pay type rated FO in the southeast? Pro-pilot, NBAA, whatever you got, I appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone help a brother out with the current G100 pay type rated FO in the southeast? Pro-pilot, NBAA, whatever you got, I appreciate it.

My guess, depending on experience, $55K - $65K for the South Florida area to start with. A more experienced pilot for a Co-Captain position would demand more ($75K - $85K). If you are a low time pilot and just typed and if that type is paid for by the hiring company (a $25K value) I'd start you out at the lower end and then give you an increase for longevity and much better once you've acquired a reasonable amount of experience in type and could fly as a co-captain rather than just and FO.

I don't know where in the Southeast you are talking about, but in South Florida, there are a lot of pilots willing to take less. A quality Part 91 corporate operator will offer you a reasonable salary and benefits and more if you are already typed in the aircraft when you first hire on. A part 135 operator however, will try to get you for the bottom dollar. The $65K for a FO with a Part 91 operator would likely be what the 135 operator offers its captains. Plus they would require a promissory note to be signed so that you owe them for training in the event that you leave before a specified period, either one or two years. Even if you are already typed and have experience they will likely ask you to sign one.

thanks for that....For the sake of bracketing down: Part 91, I've been typed in the a/c for a year, recent FSI recurrent and have about 80 hours in type(all we flew last year). It's just getting to be raise time and now that I've been on board for a little over a year I would like to know where to aim.

Obviously we don't fly much, but run on-call most of the time(even though we never get called) so my time is still spoken for. Thanks so far!

Anyone else?

Seems a bit high to me!
But if you can get it, good for you and better for us!
Good luck.
It may be a bit high for a 135 or 91/135 job; but it's not high for a true Part 91 Corporate position. Even then, I have heard of Part 135 Astra jobs starting at $115K here in the Southern California area.

I flew Astras and G100s for over 10 years and never to my knowledge knew anyone making less than $85K in a "pure" corporate job; most of the corporate guys I know are making 6 figures or very near 6 figures.

LS

Latest resources

Back