G-V Salary Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G3G4

Anyone out there with a salary survey or general knowledge of what would be the salary range for a G-V Captain position on the southeast? THis is a 91 Operation with two weeks on two weeks off, world wide international flying. No bonuses, no matching 401K. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone out there with a salary survey or general knowledge of what would be the salary range for a G-V Captain position on the southeast? THis is a 91 Operation with two weeks on two weeks off, world wide international flying. No bonuses, no matching 401K. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I know quite a few Part 91 GV pilots here in the southeast that make between $110,000 and $170,000. All of them get some sort of bonus, but most get very very nice annual bonuses and they all have 401K and medical. 2 weeks/2 weeks is what they all basically stick to as good as they can.

What companies don't provide matching 401Ks these days? If that is the case, then the salary has to be increased. With your experience I wouldn't do it for less than $150K. No way.

Jumping in here...Im leaving the airline world to jump back to a corporate gig flying a G5. Is 150 really what to expect as a new captain? Thanks for the info.

Jumping in here...Im leaving the airline world to jump back to a corporate gig flying a G5. Is 150 really what to expect as a new captain? Thanks for the info.

Just depends on the company that hires you and the experience you have now. A few friends of mine bought their own G550 (GV) types and they are making sickening money just flying contract, none of them had any time at all in any Gulfstream aircraft. They are all ex-airline guys with 10,000+ hours each though. Then there's my friend who fly's the Global for a Part 91 southeast US company, just knocked on their door one day with literally 80-100 hours on the Global while with his current 91 company and 300 hours on the Challenger 604 as well. And that approx. 400 hours is ALL the jet time he has. And 420 hours total multi-engine airplane time, but 3,000 turbine helicopter. He got hired and is making $150,000 with the new company.

So, it just depends............

I tend to think that they may look at your salary history and take that into account. They may also take into account the pay equity within said department. It varies a great deal from job to job. A little inside information on the department compensation would be good to have. If you are in a start-up situation you may be able to write your own ticket. Also, there are captains and there are captains. Sometimes, they may say you are a captain, just to make you feel good, but may not give you the keys and 150k right off the bat.

What companies don't provide matching 401Ks these days? If that is the case, then the salary has to be increased. With your experience I wouldn't do it for less than $150K. No way.

Depending on company structure, you could be considered an HCE (Highly compensated employee) by IRS regulations...no 401K. I agree that you should be otherwise compensated in this case. 401k's add up to quite a bit over time...plus tax advantages.

GL

Latest resources

Back