• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-II performance numbers needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2600 NM is really pushing it, unless you have a good tailwind. I use .26 AOA for LRC. I've found that's the most effective speed to use, but that's not 450 kts., more like 410kts/.71 Mach give or take.

If you get into the CC Manual, you'll find that LRC is a moving Mach, starting out near M.80 and slowing as you get lighter. This is problematic when operating in non-radar (NAT-MNPS or CEPAC) as you are required to maintain a constant Mach in cruise. If you're transiting the U.S. in radar coverage, the .26 AOA for LRC can be a good reference - assuming it is calibrated properly :eek:. YMMV.

The (straight pipe - yeaahhh :cool:) GII I flew for many years didn't like to do much less than M.74. I never could figure out why. If you tried to slow much more the Mach would quickly roll back below M.68. Hawaii off the west coast was iffy certain times of the year. :(

You can stay up high late and come downhill at 360+ KIAS. You can accommodate most any ATC speed request, including maintaining a fairly high speed until on short final (ala the 727). Unlike the -IV which will float, the -II (without winglets) is draggy so it will bleed speed quickly and predictably in the flare.

I sure miss that 'ol girl. A wonderful airplane to fly.

I hear you Pro. After flying the SP exclusively, I did a contract trip in a straight-pipe, straight wing II. When I brought up the power, WHAT THE H IS THAT NOISE? Had a tendency to "stop flying" a whole lot sooner than the SP as well.

When I brought up the power, WHAT THE H IS THAT NOISE?

As you now know GSD, THAT was the sweet sound of RB511-8 Speys accelerating to 11,400 lbs of thrust each at Min EPR. The groan those things made as the bleed straps closed was nothing short of spine tingling the first time I heard it. Nothing roars like straight-pipe Spey, especially if you are launching on a nice cool morning with low ceilings ;) :D

I LOVE that. Piss off the noise whiners AND the global warmers all at the same time...

Latest resources

Back