Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G drivers...have you done many 7000+nm flights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BillJBrake

How slow did you have to go to meet the endurance? I'm curious what some of the longer stages are that the G (V/550/500) has flown, and/or regularly flies.

Thanks

Thanks.

Friend said a guy was claiming to regularly do KLAX-OMDB, he and I both thought that was stretching the G's legs.

Thanks.

Friend said a guy was claiming to regularly do KLAX-OMDB, he and I both thought that was stretching the G's legs.
I tried to put that leg in ARINC and it wouldn't generate a flight plan as it exceeded OUR GV's performance. Our longest leg has been LAS-LGAV (Athens). I couldn't/ wouldn't push it much further than that.

I've done Toledo, Ohio to Bahrain, landing with about 4000 lbs and Houston to Kiev, about 4500 lbs. We could do Houston to West Africa with a good tailwind and at .80, but you have zero fuel reserves for a divert. It is much safer to get gas in PR or Cape Verde and the stop is less than an hour. About the longest in the GV is about 6000 nm, a bit longer in the G550. Unless you have a huge tailwind like 200 knots for the whole trip, you ain't doing 7000 nm in a GV with any reserves even at LRC.

I've done Toledo, Ohio to Bahrain, landing with about 4000 lbs and Houston to Kiev, about 4500 lbs. We could do Houston to West Africa with a good tailwind and at .80, but you have zero fuel reserves for a divert. It is much safer to get gas in PR or Cape Verde and the stop is less than an hour. About the longest in the GV is about 6000 nm, a bit longer in the G550. Unless you have a huge tailwind like 200 knots for the whole trip, you ain't doing 7000 nm in a GV with any reserves even at LRC.

Can the pax stay sleeping during the refuel?

There is no problem with that as long a crew member is inside the cabin during refuel. We normally schedule the pit stop so the pax can get 10 hours of rest after the stop, so refuel in Aquadilla, PR on the way to Africa and Cape Verde on the way back. But all the pax usually deplane for one last civilized bathroom break anyway.

Latest resources

Back