G-550 or G-V in FLA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-5 MEM

Anyone have any contact numbers for contract work in Fla on the G-550,G-V or G-450, G-IV?

Last edited:
C-5 MEM said:
Anyone have any contact numbers for contract work in Fla on the G-550,G-V or G-440, G-IV?

what's a g440? i must've been standing behind a door when they were passing out those ratings. :)

Last edited:
Between typing in the wrong number and forgetting to flip the switch. I hate when I do that........

I don't know but looks like the original post says G-450 to me...

hawkerflyer said:
I don't know but looks like the original post says G-450 to me...

now that he's corrected it

G-440: I believe that it is a G-III fuselage with an Astra wing and cockpit. In place of engines, there are pod mounted APUs with RR cowlings. The aircraft are used to host parties at the local FBO after the bars close, as they aren't actually capable of flight.
Gulfstream has declined to give numbers, but speculation by industry insiders is that it is the highest profit margin product ever from SAV...

Geronimo4497 said:
Off topic but:

Does a GIV/GV type apply to flying the 350-550?

The G350/G450/GV/G500/G550 are all the same type. The G300/G400/GIV/GIVSP are the same type.

I once did a touch-n-go in a 767 heavy at Scottsdale. I was on a VFR flight plan. It was a contact approach.

You should have seen it when I deployed the TRs!!!!!!!!

Quite impressive...

Now help us all understand how being competent with MS Flight Simulator relates to contract Gulfstream work in Florida.

Or is this an inside Brazilia joke?

Exactly, And BTW, does it cost extra to be a "Certified FO" on the Brasilia over the standard fee to fly the 1900 at GIA?
Crawl back in your hole, PFT boy.

Latest resources

Back