G-200 (Galaxy) ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotpair

Boss and wife considering purchasing a G-200. I am seeking any input regarding this airplane.

My understanding is that it is a waste of material!

Thanks,

Glen

I would disagree with the "waste of material" comment, but the real question is - what makes you say that?

So far, I've really enjoyed flying it and the passengers seem to love it. Now, you can't climb straight to 410 if you're at max weight, but we just had one do New York - London with pax so the range is pretty pretty darn good.

What have you heard that's bad? Not saying the plane is perfect, but it ain't a "waste of material" IMHO.

What I have been told is that the quality, dependability, parts avaialbility and support is not very good, compared to A/C in the same range i.e 604's or 2000's.

The biggest problem that we (Netjets) are having with them is that we tend to burn up starter-generators at an alarming rate.

Other than that, they have something like a 98% dispatch reliability rate - pretty good considering it's a new fleet. Now, those numbers are a little skewed because with fewer aircraft (3) when an aircraft is broken (unavailable) it is never dispatched. If all 3 airplanes were down for an entire month and each flew 1 trip, the rate would be 100%. Not very realistic, but non-the-less, I think they are doing pretty well.

As for support, the only way Netjets would buy them is if Gulfstream took over the program - as they did. Yes things break, but Gulfstream is doing a good job "gulfstreamizing" them.

If you compare the operating cost of the G200 to the 2000 or the 604, I think that you discover like everything, there's give and take.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Yup, starter generators were lasting approx 75hrs.

WAY too small for the airplane, but they were stuck trying to save weight.

ANYONE would be better off with a 10yr old GIV before a 2 day old G200. A warranty does you no good when you break down in BIKF at 0300. Yipee F'N Yay, they send out that Astra to fix it...thanks

I thought it was an OK plane to fly, but I would NEVER want to own one!!

Look at the DA2000 or the used GIV/604

As an owner of a G200 share, I can honestly say we did lots of numbers crunching as well as due dilligence before we purchased the share in the aircraft. While many of the earlier serial numbers did have some serious problems, that hasn't been the case of late, esp. with Gulfstream's name (and reputation) behind the airplanes coming off the IAI production line. I also personally spoke with many NJA people responsible for the type, including crews and maintenance personnel. I got the distinct feeling that NetJets did their homework before adding this bird to the fleet. Trust me, they couldn't afford to have a lemon in the fleet.

I know that as an owner of this new aircraft in the NJA fleet, I will more than likely get upgrades to other aircraft in the near future, due to lack of airframes currently flying in the NJ fleet. But having been in the airplane, esp. looking at it from the passengers viewpoint, I must say that this bird is pretty darn impressive. You really get alot MORE than your money's worth.

I also see that 5 aircraft appear to be in service with NJA now.

Hey FatesPawn, was that you in 703 at LTN this week? That's the bird I have a piece of. Treat it gently!:cool:

PMVULB AvMgr said:
Hey FatesPawn, was that you in 703 at LTN this week? That's the bird I have a piece of. Treat it gently!:cool:

Nah. I was off. Back on call next week. You're right. We have 5 now, but I'm not sure if #5 is flying revenue yet or not. It may not be 100% sold yet - at least on paper. 700, 703, 705, 707, and 708.

And gentle is the only way I know how to treat an airplane! You never know when you need the favor returned!

How often do the Netjets G200s fly overseas - to LTN, etc.? What percentage of the G200 flying is domestic vs. international? For the Netjets guys who fly them, how far afield have you flown it so far? It's goofy looking - but I like it...

Cheers

I think 708 might very well be flying for revenue purposes, as I've seen it on Flight Explorer this week all over the place, not just CMH or DAL.

Just my 2 cents...
I am new to NJA and corporate aviation, but the G200 is a dream to fly. Now that the newest ones are coming with Smart Perf, it is a complete package. The owners I have flown love the room and ammenities. Gulfstream has a lot riding on this aircraft and they are taking NJA's input very seriously(unlike Cessna). Wish that APU was quieter though...ouch.

maddog

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back