• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future of the Hawker 4000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But at some point, they will break and be very expensive to fix out-of pocket. But if there are spares readily available, I suppose for some it's a good risk....

Wouldn't be for me...

Case and point of another expert on the industry... :rolleyes:

At the last NBAA, Hawker was practically giving the 4000 away better than two for the price of one, but no warranty! My company is a very long time Hawker user and wouldn't even think of buying another, no matter the outcome of any potential buyout/merger, etc. I flew a 4000 on a demo ride and did not like it at all.

Ultrarunner, your $8 million figure for the fire-sale Hawker 4000s is about $2 million too high...

Regarding the thread's original question aboutthe future of the Hawker 4000, the answer is likely the same as it was for the Starship: shredded and burned. Beechcraft will be unable to sell the H4000 type certificate and get stuck holding the bag. After a few years of recording losses to keep up the type certificate and provide support for an orphaned fleet, just like the Starship they'll announce they're going to hand back the type certificate to the FAA and cease providing any support, but will buy back the airframes for essentially scrap value and then send them to a facility to be shredded and incinerated. There will still be few die-hard operators who will still continue to fly them, just like the Starship, but most will end up char-broiled.

Ultrarunner, your $8 million figure for the fire-sale Hawker 4000s is about $2 million too high...

Ha, nope, and I'm gonna keep the HBC proposal-letter just for grins... :)

And I agree with your comments on what will ultimately become of the beast...

Latest resources

Back