Future of the Fracs: Discuss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wishful thinking.

Don't forget who flies most of your sister companies charter flights.

Agreed-Actually I implied that. It's probably the biggest differentiator-the levels of safety, cutting/not cutting corners in frax versus general charter. Now there are many safe charter companies out there, however, as a whole they dont have the resources or financial backing to manage entire safety departments. The "safety department" at a charter is often a pilots part time desk job.

Very true. I found this out when trying to get life insurance. The premium was nearly 5 times the cost because I worked for an established charter company. Had I worked for a major airline or frax at that time I'd have paid the normal premium for coverage while at work.

Unfortunately looking at the charter stats everybody is lumped into one catagory; from the lowly dirtbags to excellent reputable outfits. Even so, statistically frax flying is the safest form of air travel, safer even than the major airlines.

I agree with Jonjuan's two prior posts. Of course, he will change his mind because he can never agree with me.

The frac industry may get smaller but it will not go away. Charter (even great safe charter) would not fit abhout 75% of my flying and I would pay much, much more to reposition the charter a/c.

Happy New Year to all.

I can't believe there has been a whole page of reasonable conversation here! Is this FI?!?

I personally think that the charter side of things will be stronger for at least the next 2 years, then I see a rise in Fractional type flying... Just my 2c

Fractionals can offer amazing recovery times when a plane breaks. Just last month we were about to start the engines to ferry to TEB from BOS. Got an e-mail that a plane broke and had one pax going to TEB. That plane taxied back onto the ramp, pax got on the sig van, drove over to us, we started up and went to TEB. No plane owner or charter customer could expect something like that to happen.

Isn't that part of the problem? One a/c flying empty to TEB and the other one with a passenger. You right, nobody else could do that, nor would they want to. I'm sure the passenger was happy,

Isn't that part of the problem? One a/c flying empty to TEB and the other one with a passenger. You right, nobody else could do that, nor would they want to. I'm sure the passenger was happy,

How do you know that both planes weren't needed in TEB? It's friggen TEB - my guess is there was a reason both planes were headed that way.

Latest resources

Back