Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More Lie's from Bob 19

Ahh... but the money was there when 1108 made them the promises and didn't deliver on a contract three years ago.

Now, because 1108 has failed to do as promised, they blame the company, not the union for the industry leading contract they are never going to get. Three years of failures now, and those pilots are going to be lucky to even have jobs when all this is over.

1108 was going to "fix the world" and take over the entire fractional industry.

Not only did they not get it done at FLOPS, the NJ union they helped bailed out and left them on their own!

Now THAT's brotherly love! :laugh:

NetJets Pilot group became large enough that they could fund the battles with their Management on their own, without needing the assistance of a national union.

Flight Options on the other hand, is a small Pilot group (now less than 500) who needs the resources of a large national union.

Example: When Management Illegally fired the RIF pilots out of seniority, it was the Teamsters National lawyers that went to HIG headquarters in Miami, FL to explain to HIGs lawyers that they would not let this precident setting illegal move stand.

Had we not been a part of a National Union, with their deep pockets, we would have never been able to afford to fight this illegal firing, and every one of those Pilots, some very senior, would still be on the street.

Have no doubt; any money's that we have sent to National as a Pilot group has been more than worth it to save those jobs.

Now, if Management wishes to shrink the workforce from the bottom up, that is their decision. Yes, it sucks for the guys on the bottom, but that is why most Pilots value Seniority above all else.

Freedom is Not Free

I didn't make crappy career choices, as a matter of fact, I made very good career choices that were forced to change as a result of unions.

My last choice, and my current choice, was to a non-union carrier. That was clearly my best choice as there is no internal union turmoil, the pay and benefits are the best I've ever enjoyed in the industry and I have the most fun.

So what exactly do you do? Are you a pilot? Management? 12 year old kid? Pedophile?

So if you have some guts lets hear what you do that you can be such an expert on everything aviation.

I was thinking glory hole but you've done a better job. :)

... I know it was the union's fault. I was thereand got the unfiltered information direct from the negotiators myself...

B19,
If you work for a non-union carrier as you say, how is it that you were "there getting the unfiltered information from the negotiators" yourself? I'm just askin' ???

No, the company's already there and the union comes in and makes it difficult to keep afloat.

I didn't make crappy career choices, as a matter of fact, I made very good career choices that were forced to change as a result of unions.

My last choice, and my current choice, was to a non-union carrier. That was clearly my best choice as there is no internal union turmoil, the pay and benefits are the best I've ever enjoyed in the industry and I have the most fun.

You guys fighting with the union have to live with yourselves and how you have degraded the quality of life for all around you.

Seriously, Whichever company this guy works for needs to start psych testing all the employees to figure out who he is. He is going to bring a semi-auto to work one day. He is really scary in an unstable way.

Seriously, Whichever company this guy works for needs to start psych testing all the employees to figure out who he is. He is going to bring a semi-auto to work one day. He is really scary in an unstable way.

Which part of this is scary for you? My written words are the unspoken words of any manager/director or officer of any company dealing with a union.

It's those guys that don't understand my words below that are frightening, like yourself...

Unions DO degrade the life of everybody else in the company, especially when the going gets tough.

Before I went to work for a non-union carrier, the ONLY disruptions in my career were directly due to unions. No longer a problem. What is so hard to understand that I don't need somebody to speak for me? Union members need to have others speak for them. I don't have that problem.

What is so hard for you to say where you work. Or even what industry you work in. You can't answer anything except union bashing.

So answer the question!

Latest resources

Back