• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at AA, you know they are coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This must be sarcasm, or you know something I don't. Care to elaborate?

I think what he means is that we are told we are fighting in a war in the middle east to protect American sovereignty from middle eastern powers but when we ask the same people to do something about oil prices the response is that there in is nothing we can do because oil prices are controlled by the middle east.

In other words, we are fighting a war against elements that we have handed over our economy and therefore control of our country too.

Hows that for an elaboration?

I think what he means is that we are told we are fighting in a war in the middle east to protect American sovereignty from middle eastern powers but when we ask the same people to do something about oil prices the response is that there in is nothing we can do because oil prices are controlled by the middle east.

In other words, we are fighting a war against elements that we have handed over our economy and therefore control of our country too.

Hows that for an elaboration?

AMEN BROTHER

its gonna be the same everywhere... NWA to displace 75 or so which will probably end up in furlough, DAL will probably furlough by years end, AA, UAL they all will have to do something if oil keeps going up. After the summer rush ends, who knows what will go on... How many people will get let go at each company is another story.. my .02 cents

DAL will furlough by years end? We will be getting 6 new 777LRs that need to be staffed, from DEC 31st to March 31st (09), and they have 19 crews each. We are also getting 6 737-700s. I doubt any furloughs will happen, but I guess anything could happen these days. If we get rid of any extra planes, it may be a "draw" with the additional planes coming.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL will furlough by years end? We will be getting 6 new 777LRs that need to be staffed, from DEC 31st to March 31st (09), and they have 19 crews each. We are also getting 6 737-700s. I doubt any furloughs will happen, but I guess anything could happen these days. If we get rid of any extra planes, it may be a "draw" with the additional planes coming.

General,

I understand you saying you will be getting 12 airplanes, 6 777 and 7 737, but it is probable that you will park some MD-88's and they mentioned some old 757's, so the 12 airplanes wont be too significant of a growth.. Plus all Delta or any other major for that matter needs is for one Major carrier to furlough due to rising oil prices and slow winters.. I would bet my money that it would cause other carriers to follow in their foot steps..But if you know they wont be any furloughs, great news..

Latest resources

Back