Furloughed US Airways Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groucho

By now you have all heard about the Nicolau award and how it will effect you. If the East pilots attempt a representational election to replace ALPA then you will have a say in this process whether you are furloughed or not. The only way to not be on this list and eligible to vote is if you have waved all recall rights in writing . Being eligible to vote has nothing to do with your current ALPA status or current employer. You can vote or not vote if you choose when and if an election is called.

Section 502 NMB site.
Furloughed Employees are eligible to vote in draft or class in which they last worked from which they were furloughed, If they retain and employer- employee relationship and have a reasonable expectation of returning to work. Furloughed employees regularly working in another class and craft for the same carrier, are ineligible to vote in the class and craft from which they were furloughed.

Since all the recalls have been sent you have a reasonable expectation of returning to work

I would invite all furloughed US Airways pilots to go to:

www.helicopter.com/aaa and sign up to be on the Yahoo board.

We need your name, employee number, and place on the new list, if you know it, so we can look you up and send an invitation. Please stay involved if you are not sure what you are going to do you will have a voice in this process.

I'm on the furlough List. The real question is "Why in the Hell would I even entertain the idea of going back?" I worked there for two years and have been furloughed for five. I wrote that airline off long ago. I think that's something a lot of other folks should consider. They'll be happier in the long run. AAA has been cursed for a long, long time.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing; if you can fake that, you've got it made"

I think your quote says it all.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.

funny thing now the furloughed pilots are asked to vote. Why were the furloughed guys left out of some tings when it suits the active guys and included in others. Example: the age 60 vote/poll among the AAA guys last year. Only active guys allowed to participate, no furloughs. HMMMMM - most active guys want age 65, most furloughs don't. Now its about replacing alpa - my guess is active guys include furloughs because they think a majority of furloughs will vote to dump ALPA.

This place is more corrupt than PHL city mayors office. You f'in guys (active AAA) better get your sh!t straightened out pretty fast and quit this cr@p or you/we (AWA/AAA/furloughed/contractor pilots) won't have an airline left to fly for.

I am furloughed from AAA and now work for a different carrier. When I tried to get back on the AAA website to check out the seniority list it wouldn't let me. I called ALPA and they said you could only be on 1 airlines pilot only section at a time regardless of furlough status and being on both lists. I finally talked her into emailing me the list. The AAA ALPA rep told me if it was her, she would avoid coming back to AAA at all costs. She was getting dozen of calls daily from upset guys who want to vote out ALPA. She also said many who called would rather do what they could to take the airline down that to live with the next 10 years with what the arbitrator decided. She said it was only a matter of time, the union is predicting, that once the crews are combined that there will be cancelled flights due to fist fights on over nights and refusals to fly with the other side. I'll let those 2.5 years with AAA go away before I subject myself to that environment. Greed, management, and a stupid arbitrator might have dug them a hole they can't dig out of, I'm sorry to say. I once love working there.

Latest resources

Back