Furloughed Pilots - Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Swaayze

Just read a letter in the ALPA mag regarding one of our furloughed brothers (USAirways). I don't know this guy from Adam, but if you think you have had a tough time since 9/11 this will help you realize just how good you may have it. According to the letter this gentleman needs $50-60k for expenses uncovered by insurance for a double lung and possible heart transplant.

My proposal is this - Let's be an example of unity: if each furloughed pilot contributes just $5 or $10 (tax-deductible and takes less than 5 minutes), we will help immensely with this. Just do it. Go to this website:

http://www.transplantfund.org/Restricted/p...FTOKEN=35097380

Thanks
swaayze

BenderGonzales said:
Done. Best wishes.

PS - Why did we (furloughed) suddenly start receiving the ALPA rag again?

I've been receiving it since I left...didn't miss an issue from the time on property to being kicked to the curb.

John
UAL

This guy is more than a pilot, he is a hero in my book. I just returned from an overnight in St. Thomas (lots of rum) and he is fighting for his life. I will try not to complain so much about being on call all the time.

Fo

I am a furloughed NWA pilot. Just donated $10 to his cause. Swaayze is right guys, let's all chip in and help him!!!

Latest resources

Back