Furloughed pilots getting free type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahav8r

I've heard many rumors about how this is possible...

A furloughed pilot is able to secure government $$$ to go get a 737 type. So, needless to say, I've been furloughed and am cheap - HOW DO YOU DO THIS??? ;)

Any info would be appreciated!

What state are you in? Some states only pay for **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** like CDL's, you ask for pilot training and they basically blow you off.

You need to contact the WIA board of the state you're in.

PM me.

Last edited:
I can finance that for you at 15% interest and a co-sign from your parents.

I think you can also get training from WIA by the state you are recieving unemployment from, if other than your state of residence.

WIA

I recall being at the unemployment office in Farmington, New Mexico ten years ago, and a worker telling me how the WIA paid to retrain a pilot.

In any event, here's a link to the federal Workforce Improvement Act. Individual states administer the program; here's a link that will connect you to states' individual websites.

Hope that helps.

Think twice about getting a type on a commercial
license. It is not worth anything. I had heard awhile ago that since you did the the type ride to ATP standards then it automatically went with you when you got your ATP, then I heard it didn't.

Anyone have any clarification on this? Worth checking out before wasting your time and my money.

AAflyer

IT DOES

i did it. typed on the emb-110 on a commercial...got the ATP a while later and it followed me.

so there...tthhbbbbbttttthhhhh...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back