Furloughed pilots--any benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

canon

Do furloughed pilots typically retain any benefits (insurance, non-rev flights, etc...)?

I am looking to interview with PSA and if they are the only ones hiring should i take it?

Canon, the only thing I've got are my flight privileges. Furloughed pilots at US Airways/express carriers normally get them for 3 months. Mine have been extended and I will have them until the end of the year. The only insurance is COBRA and it is very expensive. As for PSA, I would be very cautious about going near anything that says US Airways on the side of it. Keep pushing ASA, ACA, and Comair. Good luck in the job search, its a difficult time but getting better. -Bean

Heck yeah. Of course go for it. If you got the job with PSA and even if the worst happens, you get furloughed or terminated soon after being hired on, at least you would have a 121 groundschool under your belt. A lot more valuable than instructing time and would give you an advantage when it comes to getting hired by someone else. That's what its all about in this industry I'm learning.

Latest resources

Back