Furloughed American pilots at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boxer

Any furloughed American folks currently at Flexjet that might be called back and move things along for the 85 possibly?

Yes, don't have a number. I would think only a few would consider going. Looks like there is finally going to be some real movement at AA. Anyway lets hope. I think you'll see a number of guys leave flex as soon as the airlines start hiring again. Rolling rest and some of the other wonderful things are getting old. My guess would be recalls next aug or sept. Hang in there

While were on the topic, any Southwest poolies at Flex? I guess things are ramping up over there as well.

i believe there are a couple swa poolies here. And Art yes, things are starting to move at AA, wait and see.

What's up at AA

Is there something going on with recalls at American? I haven't heard a thing. Please post a source. Thanks.

Last edited:
Crack-Ed where you been, I am on the other side of the world and I saw it in the India newspapers!

I have been on both sides of the world in the last 2 weeks and I have not heard anything...what's going on at AA? Are they hiring more baggage loaders?

American Airlines announces recall of pilots, flight attendants on news of favorable antitrust ruling

TANNEN MAURY/Bloomberg
By D.R. STEWART World Staff Writer
Published: 10/7/2010 2:27 AM
Last Modified: 10/7/2010 3:42 AM
Increased international traffic and opportunities for new international and domestic business have prompted American Airlines to recall 40 percent of its furloughed flight attendants and 12.6 percent of its laid-off pilots, company executives said Wednesday.
The Fort Worth-based carrier is sending recall notices to 545 flight attendants and 250 pilots, company officials said. None of the furloughed pilots or flight attendants is in Tulsa, officials said.
The recalls are necessary to capitalize on new international flying and business opportunities with British Airways and Iberia, as the U.S. Department of Transportation has approved antitrust immunity for joint business agreements with American, officials said.
American also has been successful in establishing its cornerstone hubs at Dallas-Fort Worth; Chicago; New York; Miami, Fla., and Los Angeles, executives said, and the DOT granted tentative antitrust approval Wednesday to American and Japan Airlines for joint business agreements between North America and Asia.
"The company is pleased to be recalling about 800 total pilots and flight attendants to help capitalize on our business goals as well as to meet our staffing needs in the coming months," said Gerard Arpey, the chairman and CEO of AMR Corp., American's parent.
"This is exactly the kind of growth we're hoping to achieve with our network strategy, and my hope is that trends like this will continue."
Today, American has 7,800 active pilots, members of the Allied Pilots Association, and 1,980 pilots on furlough or laid off, company executives said.
American has 14,755 active flight attendants, members of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and 1,350 flight attendants on furlough.
American executives said the first group of 25 pilots will be recalled in mid-November. The company will continue to recall pilots at a rate of about 30 per month, officials said.
Flight attendants will be recalled in phases, officials said.
The first recall notices will be issued to 225 flight attendants later this month. Additional recall notices will go out later this year, officials said.
APFA President Laura Glading said it is heartening to see the recall of the furloughed flight attendants.
"It has been a long and difficult struggle for these furloughed flight attendants, and we are thrilled that they will be back on the job," she said. "We'd also like to thank Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.). Her assistance was instrumental in APFA extending the recall rights of the flight attendants who are currently furloughed. Without this extension, many of these employees would have lost their right to return to their jobs at American Airlines.
"Instead, 545 flight attendants will soon be back at work. With the expansion announcement also being made this morning (by American) in conjunction with the official start of the joint business agreement with British Airways and Iberia, the beefing up of key hubs and the imminent approval of the alliance with Japan Airlines, the future for American is bright."
Arpey, at his news conference in London on Wednesday with Oneworld airline alliance partners British Airways and Iberia, said the pilot recall was necessary to staff new international routes.
The new American routes include New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport to Budapest, Hungary, and Chicago O'Hare International Airport to Helsinki, Finland.
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...rticleid=20101007_45_E1_CUTLIN335078&allcom=1

Latest resources

Back