Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

climb245k

Hello,

Getting furloughed January first and am planning on going to Costa Rica , buying a vehicle (VW van, landcruiser, Trooper,,,,?) and traveling throughout the area surfing, whitewater kayaking, hiking volcanoes and relaxing. If there are any other furloughees, or gainfully employed pilots with time off, that want to come down and hang out for a day, week, whatever, shoot me an e-mail. There are internet cafes all over so keeping up with e-mails is very easy. I am looking for people that want to share vehicle expenses and travel cheap. I have been down there a few times, know my way around and speak pretty good spanish. You can easily travel on $30 a day (cheaper if you stay in one place) including beer money. Hopefully I will find a nice spot on the beach to bury my head in the sand till this is all over.

E-mail me at [email protected]

Brett

Hey I got a degree in Latin American politics, in doing so I backpacked all thru Central America. Costa Rica is pretty cool, Jaco Beach, Playa Hermosa, Montezuma, are all great spots. The country is pretty small, you can drive across it in less than a day so unless you are planning to soak you head in cerveza, or Goyaro (local suger cane rum) it might get a little old after a month or two. Other great spots, the bay Islands of Honduras (Utila-Rotan), Belize (Cay Caulker, Amborgis Cay), Guatemala (Antigua, Lake Atilian) and to many other to mention. Enjoy!

Latest resources

Back