Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sydeseet

Huge Member
Just wondering what the latest furlough numbers at various airlines are these days. I hear rumors a lot but thought maybe we'd all like to hear some solid numbers from company people. Who has some numbers??

NWA currently has 490 on furlough with 40 more announced for Oct and 40 in Nov for a soon to be total of 570. That goes back to a hire date of Dec 99. They have also announced tenative recall plan to start bringing back pilots for Jun and Jul 03 flying, but nothing is in stone. Up until the most recent furlough announcement they were predicting recalls this fall instead of more furloughs. Hopefully we've hit bottom and will return pilots to the line soon. Cheers.

United has 844 on furlough. This goes back to the April 17th class in year 2000. It actually split that class.

They also shaved the list further with the retirement of the 727 fleet. We had just over 200 F/E's who were over 60 and forced to retire along with the last 727.

Hoping there will be no more furloughs.

GP

Last edited:
AA has about 700 and change out and is expected to let as
many as 550 go in the next few months. It depends on how many early outs are taken.

USAirways has 1070 on the street. They just had a new bid come out with an additional 250 furloughs. Another 250 furloughs could come by early next year.

sayagain?

Gotta love this business.

36 of us at Champion Air will hit the street on 9/1 - that's a good protion of our roster. Thanks for the replies - I think I'll go call that charter operator again.......

sayagain? said:
USAirways has 1070 on the street. They just had a new bid come out with an additional 250 furloughs. Another 250 furloughs could come by early next year.

Another 500 by early next year according to today's paper. :(

Last edited:
Let me rephrase the above post. Just announced another 50 furloughes for Oct 1st. Giving us 907 or 10.25%.

Latest resources

Back