Furlough at CCAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vrefus

my furlough is slated to start on May 1st and boy am I glad I'm at a regional. *sarcastic* It still blows me away to hear of some people out there that place such little value on their profession to whore themselves out. This is what is destroying the industry and people had better start wising up.

Vrefus I can't even start to go into the way CCAir has been treated by Mesa and ALPA. I fly for PDT in and out of CLT all day and it not only kills me to see those Mesa boys flying the RJ's with a contract not even close to CCAir's but one that is so below industry standards it's sick. But then to Hear AirMidwest guys saying they can't wait till you go out of buisness makes me even more sicker. Here you have a small company with enough balls to stand up to J.O. and stick in his face, and the Mesa guys can't pick the ball up and start running with it.
Wish you luck man, hopefully there a bright spot someonewhere for you.

Good Luck, I'm pulling that you guys get an industrial leading contract.

WSurf,

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, and usually the best course of action in that situation is to keep your big mouth shut.

The pilot's at Mesa/Air Midwest do not want CCAir pilot's to lose their jobs. We definitely feel for them, and that makes our goal even that much more important. WE know what the goal is: one seniority list, and WE are working toward that goal. However, there is only so much we can do when the company won't sit down at the table in good faith.

Vrefus, I wish you and your family well.

Spiff

Thank you guys for the kind words and yes, I'm sure we'll live to fight another day. I can truthfully say that I was one of the thirty that voted against the rag and it was totally out of principle and principle only. I'm sure that and 99 cents may get me a cup of coffee at McDonalds, just not at the CLT airport.

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about, and usually the best course of action in that situation is to keep your big mouth shut.
-----------------------------------

Thanks, last time I looked this was a message board. What I was hearing is 'we can't wait to pick up more flying' which to me meant when CCAir goes out of buisness. If I took it the wrong way I apologize. Its just that I have been around the CCAir guys for 3 years out of CLT and have friends within that group. And to watch there 19 seater JetStreams being replaced by 1900D's with 19 seats by crews flying at almost have there pay rates, we maybe its a sore point with me.....

Good Luck on the Contract, there will be many watching..

MESA

MESA How does it feel to be one of the most disliked groups in the industry, where people gather and make thereselves feel better by talking about their anger towards mesa and sharing their horror stories of flying on one of your flights. You guys over at mesa hurt the industry as a whole and I hope that someday you will earn a pair of balls to stand up and fight for whats right and deserving. At least the smart pilots of CC Air didn't lower their standards those as low as MESA.

HUD

I'm surprised that someone with your infantry/Ranger background works for a company that lowers the standard by which pilots are paid and treated. Ask the wholly owns how they are asked to take concessions and told that if we don't get down to mesa standards then the possibility of getting cut and our jobs going to mesa is higher. By the way nice way to treat CC Air. Sorry I can't leave out the emotions but when mesa continues to get greedy and steel the jobs of others and the mesa pilots walk around talking about how they can't wait for LOA 81 to go through so they will have more flying, its a slap in the face. Or when a mesa pilot sits in my crew room and states (ref. CH46 incident in afganistan where soldier falls out the door) "that pilot was stupid, what was he thinking, he will probably be sued, why didn't he make sure every one was in." Well it has a tendency to make me loose all kinds of respect for someone and when it happens often from the same pilot group the I loose respect for that group. Another example we provide a crew room that is shared by mesa, well mesa has a computer in there that people use and when a mesa pilot comes in the rudely tell anyone else to get off and one mesa pilot said to another that if anyone else is on the computer kick them off and if they don't get off come and get me. So HUD you tell me when MESA does the previous and more how do you expect others to lrespect them.

>Please answer, if you can, exactly how us Mesa pilots have "hurt the industry as a whole?" I'm really interested to see if you have anything of substance to say. And please try to say it without emotion. I doubt you can, though

>"and Ornstein says US Airways has recognized and rewarded Mesa for the quality of its operation".

Rewarded Mesa for what? Improper uniform attire, No-showing, flight cancellations, leaving PAX stranded, poor MX,...

>"Please answer, if you can, exactly how us Mesa pilots have "hurt the industry as a whole?"
...Oh yeah and doing a full stall landing in a nice shiney RJ in ROA..because "a go-around is not an option"...Then flying revenue PAX out the next morning on the same plane because no-one saw the bent airframe during preflight...

So..if the WO's provide the same "quality of operation" then we'll get RJ's?!

JetProp - Amen Brother

Lets not forget the improper de-icing procedures that mesa uses in moderate snow showers (they don't de-ice) and freezing fog (type one de-ice fluid for a thirty minute taxi). However they are helping the industry. JUST NOT THE DIRECTION WE WANT THEM TO HELP.

Latest resources

Back