• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call me and we can talk about it. I have good insight into the spectrum of airlines.

404-766-1400

In this order:

UAL 300
DAL 110
CAL 220
SWA none (haha)
AirTorch 135
JBLU 100
NWA 340

I guess that may be it

Regarding JetBlue, anythings possible. But......
If B6 furloughs anyone the company is on the hook for min guarantee for the duration of each pilot's 5 year contract. Translation: if they furlough a newhire they owe him about 4.5 years of pay. If JetBlue shuts the doors that little bit of contract trivia is worthless. We can get in line with the rest of the debtors. Barring that, there's no way the rest of us would allow them to furlough some of us and not pay them IAW our contracts. All hell would break loose. The bottom line is that it would cost JetBlue more to furlough than to keep them.

BTW, our Q1 numbers are out. PRASM up 16.5%; CASM minus fuel down 0.2%, fuel up 40.5%; cash on hand $1B; net loss for Q1 $8M. All in all, not too bad. With everything we could control we did well. Like everybody else fuel killed us. Still, we're fortunate to be treading water, but who knows how long that will last. We're doing okay compared to others our size, but can we survive against even weak legacies? I hope so......

Call me and we can talk about it. I have good insight into the spectrum of airlines.

404-766-1400

Is this Dionne Warwick of the Phsycic Friends Network?

I thought you guys went out of business. That would explain the trolling Flight Info, trying for the comeback are we?

How much will this call cost me anyway?

404-766-1400
ASA Employee Relations has some sort of special insight into airlines?

DL/NW will furlough=think they are keeping 12,000- pilots=NEVER and fly 800 jets and 600 RJS=NEVER

UA will furlough
AA will furlough

DL/NW will furlough=think they are keeping 12,000- pilots=NEVER and fly 800 jets and 600 RJS=NEVER

UA will furlough
AA will furlough

I do see a lot of RJs being parked in the near future. As far as mainline planes at DL, maybe some of the gas guzzlers. We are still getting new planes for INTL expansion which is truely where the higher revenue is at these days. Airlines with only domestic ops will suffer more, unless they have hedges.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta pilots got a no furlough clause for 2 years after the merger I thought? Can Delta furlough before the merger?

It would be interesting to see what happens if Delta/NWA try to furlough a NWA pilot after the merger.

Latest resources

Back