• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah Intl markets will follow America economy eventually watch....Intl=didn't work to well for Pan AM or Eastern...???

It's the weak dollar mainly, which means INTL travellers can afford MORE in the US. And yes, Pan Am and Eastern didn't do well with INTL routes, mainly because Pan Am sold the Europe stuff to DL, and the Asia stuff to United. The only thing they had left was the South America stuff, and very little domestic feed for those flights. Eastern had strikes from various unions (something Delta doesn't have a lot of) and the lead to their ultimate demise. You should know this, you sound like a know it all already.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is just my opinion, but what do you think they will do if they need to furlough? It looks like they are stopping all hiring, so they probably won't need to furlough, but if they got into that position do you really think with the way things are set up that they would furlough the new guys then pay them for 4 years or just not renew some contracts that are coming up on 5 years? Not trying to bash here, just calling it like I see it.

If jb managament wants to keep unions off of the property (a pilot union may very lead to others), they will continue to renew those contracts.

What they have done so far:

Reduced block hours across the board, which has put more pilots on reserve. They will offer LOAs, lots of MIL guys will put in for mobs or ADSW or if I had my way, I would forsake all my worldly obligations for the summer and try to get a bartending gig in Key West -- or at least volunteer to be permanent SDO at VFC-111. Not sure if we have stopped hiring, where's the source?

We still need pilots to fly that 190, of which we are hedging our future on it seems.

The union is probably a done deal anyway (I hope).

But you know, I don't really know. It's gonna be a very long summer.

He's the latest incarnation of Clyde Frog.

Ignore him, he'll go away, or he'll get banned inside of 30 days, take your pick.

So what they will do is not renew the next 100 5 year contracts that come up. They will tell those guys they don't need them for awhile and their contracts will be renewed when they need them again. Your right they will never pay someone min guarantee and furlough them, but they have the ability to not renew some of those contracts. I would be worried if I were a summer 03 hire at JetBlue and less worried if I were a newhire.

Ok, I'll bite. How about - "puff, puff, give! You messing up the rotation!"
Dude, you are smoking dat suff! In other words, do you really believe what you're saying? You worked here, you know that will not happen. We know that you went to Big D and all, and who knows what you are hearing now days, I find it hard to believe you believe that. :nuts:

The latest good news is oil breaks another all time high today, I think I'm gonna "poor" a large beverage!

Crude oil futures
04/23 04:56 JST
¡Price 119.48

But Dougie and richy said no loss of jobs with a merger??? how can this be????? :D

I can't believe you guys are keeping this idiots thread going.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back