Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlouged pilot - Looking at going elsewhere (Compass/Mesaba)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you really want to stay in this industry then why not look into FSI? You're in the STL area? They have a facility right there. It's really not a bad place to work at all. I don't work there nor have I, but it's something to look into if you really want to stay in this crazy and rollercoaster industry.
Good Luck!!!

Application was put in 3 weeks ago. They are currently not hiring from what the lady told me, but will keep it on file. As for Avantair, resume was also sent in. Haven't heard anything yet.

Fill out your unemployment paperwork as well (if you haven't already). It's probably not much, but it's yours. Good luck.

Being 5 from the top and I don't think RAH is going anywhere I'd probably stay get that computer gig (probably won't make less than a new FO) and enjoy not commuting. Depending on how your company and the company you go to, turning in your number would definitely be a step backward where at RAH you have probably moved off first year pay or even second. Even when Mesaba furloughed twice they hired back the following spring due to increase in summer block.

Go fly single pilot cargo...expand your horizons incase of more furloughs way down the road. Nothing like a beat up Metro or 402 to get your pucker factor going. Now that's confidence you will gain (second only) to a new hire RJ FO who came strait from instructing.

BoDEAN,
if I was #5 from the top I'd ride this one out.

Bad idea. First, you need to decide if you are going to stay in aviation. If you are, then you have to keep flying. Worst case scenario, you take some chill job and wait it out, then RAH goes under and you are screwed. Now a new company wont hire you cause you dont have any recent flight time. Happened to me.

I'd recommend the fractionals. You have no idea how much better it is over here. You wont have to resign your seniority so you can always go back, but you'll be getting a raise your first year at any of the big 3 fracs so why would you go back. more money for less work....seems like a simple choice to me.

But my point is, you gotta stay current if you want to stay in aviation, just in case it gets worse

Speaking of mesaba anyone know whats competitive there. 135 Cargo fulough with 1300 total 200 Jet Sic, and I got the thanks but no thanks.

Speaking of mesaba anyone know whats competitive there. 135 Cargo fulough with 1300 total 200 Jet Sic, and I got the thanks but no thanks.

1300/750 turbine and I got rejected too. Meanwhile I see some 350/25 guys getting hired.

Latest resources

Back