Fun Flying Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

On the airshow schedule this weekend, sitting chatting with another pilot. He flies for a night time cargo outfit. Retired from the Major Corp world job at age 65, but still likes flying, does not need a job. He works as a system floater for the company goes where they need a pilot. When interviewed he told them he would give them X days per month and go anywhere they needed him, but if they went back on this agreement he would quit. His company is 11 CA's short on his equipment, he is under pressure all the time to pick up more flying, he always says no.

At first they pressured him with being fired and he said to them you cannot fire me because I will quit. Reminding them of the original agreement when he came to work, I do this because it is fun, if you take away the fun, I will quit. He laughed and said this is unbelievable, I have my employer by the balls because there is such a shortage of pilots that cannot be filled, he can now make demands of his employer that he could never do before and them have to give him what he wants. :p

The pilot shortage has changed the equation on the lower end more than anyone could have predicted.
clap.gif

Last edited:
Kinda fun to see the Little People control things now & then.

So, what's the guy's employer going to do to solve their staffing issue ?

Get some expats ?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back