Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

Fuel hedging and how to forcast fuel prices

Let's see. SWA is based in Dallas. Dallas is where all the oil companies are. Oh, and they have that home grown oil cartel in the White House.

Humm. Maybe they new something from their friends in the local area that wasn't shared with the rest of the industry. It's amazing what can be learned on the golf course at the local resort.

coincidence? Whatever.

CAL and Airtran blew it, but will any managers lose their jobs over the decision?

Last edited:
Let's see. SWA is based in Dallas. Dallas is where all the oil companies are. Oh, and they have that home grown oil cartel in the White House.

Humm. Maybe they new something from their friends in the local area that wasn't shared with the rest of the industry. It's amazing what can be learned on the golf course at the local resort.

coincidence? Whatever.

CAL and Airtran blew it, but will any managers lose their jobs over the decision?

I'll bite.

Actually, the oil companies are in Houston. I guess that would be a leg up for Continental.

Re-think your post after you've sobered up from the week-end!:beer:

Have another one. Then check to see where oil futures are traded. I'll give you a hint, It's not Dallas or Houston.

By the way. . . new=you are the new jacka$$ of flightinfo. Knew= I knew you were a jacka$$ when you posted.

Have a nice day.

I found some more Dallas based Airlines.

Air France-KLM (AIRF.PA: Quote, Profile, Research) has hedged 75 percent of its fuel
needs for the 2008-2009 while British Airways (BAY.L: Quote, Profile, Research) has about
70 percent for March to June 2008 and Lufthansa (LHAG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) locked
in 85 percent for 2008.

Lufthansa typically hedges 24 months out. They have been doing this for 15 years.

Wait a second....

Wasn't JR Ewing living in Dallas on that show "Dallas."

Then again the "Houston 500" was filmed in California, but the final number was 620 ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back