• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Fuel surcharges @ ATP

Total Time
=posts
did anyone notice how ATP slapped a hefty fuel surcharge on their multi and atp courses recently

.....and....their career pilot whatever they wanna call it program is about 50 grand now....quite a stretch from about 30 or so....

could it be the beginning of the end of "buying" jobs????

viper548

Total Time
I looked at ATPs back in 01 or 02 and it was $25K for the same program they have now.

Total Time
=posts
yup,
sad thing is, baaack in 2001 it was a pretty good deal considering what you were getting...but...no one was hiring with 500 and 1 :(

Total Time
IMHO, ATP went down hill when they brought on the current chief instructor who came from riddle--that's when the transition to sleazy big flight school began....they used to tell you that getting your pvt at home was important to decide if you really wanted to do this for a career. They also used to brag that it was all about experience....now I guess it's credit worthiness.

I guess they had to find additional streams of revenue with fewer mil pilots separating and going to the majors.