Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bssthound

Enormous Member
Obviously a lot of attention is being paid to fuel prices as every time one wakes up it costs a little more to fill up your car. What about jet fuel over the next couple years or so?? Since there aren't any dinosaurs currently dying off to meet the soaring demand I think it won't be long before the price is gonna go WAAAY up. What do you think? I hate to float a great big wrinkleneck finless brown sewer trout in the punch bowl but I just don't see how the airlines will make it.

One radical idea would be that they stop selling seats below cost. If fuel prices go up, seat price must go up. If you have MBAs in management who can't figure out this complicated idea, your respective airline is heading for the rocks.

Good luck,
C

Another radical idea: They could stop trying to balance the books by busting down their employees' salaries.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Corona said:
One radical idea would be that they stop selling seats below cost. If fuel prices go up, seat price must go up. If you have MBAs in management who can't figure out this complicated idea, your respective airline is heading for the rocks.

Good luck,
C

Another radical idea: They could stop trying to balance the books by busting down their employees' salaries.
Thus partly the reason why most of the big hitters are quickly drowning trying to compete with the likes of Southwest, and company.

I am not an expert by any means, but I heard that since jet fuel is more of a "speciality blend" the prices don't fluctuate as freely as auto gas does. I'll try to find the article.

Fuzzy_is_Hungry said:
I am not an expert by any means, but I heard that since jet fuel is more of a "speciality blend" the prices don't fluctuate as freely as auto gas does. I'll try to find the article.

I heard that too, and the prices at the local airport seem to show that. Av 100LL is a lot more expensive than Jet A.

Latest resources

Back