Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Swass

So long, America.....
Just saw an article on a fuel injection AD on the AOPA website concerning single Cessnas and Pipers. They need an immediate inspection before they are allowed to fly and an inspection every 50 hours or at oil change time thereafter. That's gonna put off alot of people.

On a sidenote, I had an almost complete engine failure in 2002 in an injected 172 SP, wonder if this AD is related in any way as my failure had to do with injector failure as well. I was able to land the aircraft without incident under what you would describe as an extreme lean engine situation (no power, prop basically windmilling), once the airport was made I cut power as I thought the engine might shear a mount bolt it was running so rough. Although I never heard what the exact cause was in my instance (rented aircraft), it sounds as though this would be the cause.

Here's the link:

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...2321ADE8B9025A138625740A00622E71?OpenDocument

Last edited:
This AD note only is effective on the RSA-5 and -10 fuel servos built or overhauled after August 2006.

Latest resources

Back