Fuel Cards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
501261 said:
I got rid of Multiserve, their two week billing cycle was driving me and accounting crazy. I believe you can now change that, though.

Yeah, I THINK we are on a 45 day payment cycle with AvCard and MultiService... Not 100% sure, but that is the card they (Management) wants us to use because they have negotiated the payment time frame.

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum, but hopefully my contributions will be up to the level of those that I've been reading.

As far as fuel cards go, we carry an assortment in each of our aircraft. Most of our fuel purchases go onto an Avcard, but we also carry MultiService, AirBP, UVAir, and a Visa card. There hasn't been anywhere that we haven't been able to use at least one of those cards. Oops, I take that back. I was in Brazil and had to pay $$$ USD at a couple of airports in the interior, but these are definately the exception rather than the rule. Also, it helps to be a member of one of the fuel purchase syndicates - we belong to CAA and it makes a difference.

Captain Willie

Welcome Captain Wille, I'm pretty new myself. Good point about the CAA, they are our #1 money saver. Saved $16,297 in 2001 directly from the CAA! Great thing about CAA is you still pay for fuel with any of the other fuel cards, i.e. Amex-points! Hell I've Colt and Best billing my Amex, so I can save money and earn points at the same time! See I'm a company guy. Accounting also loves it since they only write one check per month instead of 10 indiviual checks to the various companies.

Biggest problem with the Amex is getting the limit up high enough so that it becomes practical. Also, Amex will decline the first couple of fuel purchases. They don't seem to realize that you can spend $5,000 on fuel in SNA and $3,000 TEB in the same day and not have stolen credit card!

Latest resources

Back