Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Coool Hand Luke

Greetings Y'all:

I've been out of the aircraft rental game for a few years now (once in the last 7 years, and that was 4 years ago, so I suppose I should get ready for the sticker shock) and I need some recommendations on a good place to rent a plane in the Ft. Worth area. Alliance area would be best, such as NW Regional, Hicks, Denton & Meacham airports. My son is old enough now and keeps bugging me for an airplane ride. I took him up when he was 2 and he just ended up falling asleep, so now that he is 6 I think he would enjoy it more.

Thanks for the help gentlemen!

DTO might be a good place to start with US Aviation or something like that. They have some nice archers/arrow/seminole if i remember right. A few places out of FTW but pretty $$. There is a place at NW Regional and another up at DTO as well.

Thanks for the link to NW Regional.

Wow, $117/hour for a (new) C-172. I had no idea.

I was up in Independence, KS last week and toured the Cessna plant. I asked them if I wanted to buy one today and not through a broker when would I get my plane. They told me "maybe 18 months". They can't make them fast enough. They roll out 4 a day (which I assume he meant the entire piston line: Skyhawk, Skylane and Stationair).

I got to see the new Mustang assembly line too. Very impressive aircraft. There's only 4 bolts holding each engine on the pylon, and they are not real big bolts either.

Now if you work for Cessna, they have a flying club and you can fly a new G1000 equipped C-172 for $50/hour WET! Sweet deal. They also told me that Cessna will pay for some of your ratings. Now that is a fringe benefit you can't get anywhere else.

Yep rentals are ridiculous nowadays. I'd like to take my kids up and get my CFI reissued but I can't really afford it. It's no wonder student counts are signifcantly down. If the village idiot Blakey gets her way and user fees are added in on top of significant fuel tax increases then GA as we know it will be on its last legs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back