• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ft/dt regs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have the most pathetic goverment that money can buy. They changed the age 60 over night without any studys but lets give the airlines 18-24 months to implement thier lame watered down changes. Make sure you don't get fatigued for atleast another 18-24 months, What a joke.:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
and your solution would be? Implement on 1 hour's notice, too bad if all the flights scheduled for the next 5 months can not be covered under the new rules, yet to be published. Besides the rules have nothing to do with being rested. Besides no one can go from a day time schedule to a night time schedule and not be fatigued.

The airlines have known about the proposed rules for almost a year. They should have planned accordingly.

But let's all feel sorry for the poor manager's having to adjust to the new rules.

Right Yip? You can give us the management perspective!

The airlines have known about the proposed rules for almost a year. They should have planned accordingly.

But let's all feel sorry for the poor manager's having to adjust to the new rules.

Right Yip? You can give us the management perspective!
There is no final rule, there are big pieces of it, but there is nothing to work from as a master document. Everyone is going to have input to this, pilots, management, unions, and the POI. This is a major change, much easier than the age 65 rule where you basically had to do nothing.

ya the age 65 ruling only made me and many of my generation adjust my life accordingly and wait five more years to finally make sum money at this career. I hope no one is surprised when SS starts getting the cuts when we 40 somethings are in control of the purse strings. rant over back to the wine!

and your solution would be? Implement on 1 hour's notice, too bad if all the flights scheduled for the next 5 months can not be covered under the new rules, yet to be published. Besides the rules have nothing to do with being rested. Besides no one can go from a day time schedule to a night time schedule and not be fatigued.
I find it very strange that no one can go from day to night but can fly another 5 yrs over night. Its all matter of perspective and sometimes you work for a company that has to obey by the new rules but unfortunatley in my case our company dictates those rules and these are the cold facts of life. Don't forget when your ceo has to make an appointment with chief of FAA our ceo has luncheon with Obama and advises him on the economy. So i stand firm in regards to my statment and that is WE HAVE THE BEST GOVERMENT THAT MONEY CAN BUY. :erm:

Pilotyip... I can't begin to tell you how irritating I find you... but onto the matter at hand.

I too have been told that here will be a phase in period... how long, I don't know... I've heard 3 months and I've heard 2 years. Additionally, Fear a scenario where we have a Republican house/senate and White House..... should that occur, it's game over for anything resembling a cost to the airlines "read unfunded mandate"..

Pilotyip... I can't begin to tell you how irritating I find you... but onto the matter at hand.

I too have been told that here will be a phase in period... how long, I don't know... I've heard 3 months and I've heard 2 years. Additionally, Fear a scenario where we have a Republican house/senate and White House..... should that occur, it's game over for anything resembling a cost to the airlines "read unfunded mandate"..
Sorry I irritate you, but I must confess I have of idea what you are talking about.

121 supp int'l

How about the complete lack of any duty time limit on a 3 man crew under 121 supp int'l regs, just a 12 hour flight time limit.

Does anyone have some idea of what the regs may look like for the supplemental carriers ?

Its supposed to be ONE set of rules to cover all 121. No more exception for Supplemental carriers.

However, I still fear the supps will get the rules changed to exempt themselves again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back