• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FSSs Outsourced as well? Thanks GW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typical FO attitude, has all the answers and takes none of the responsibility. I hope your captain wears a big college ring so it leaves a mark when he backhands your smart mouth...

Hawk,

You are an a$$clown. If you would actually read the press release you linked to, you would find the FAA and the DOT Inspector General NOT the President or his Administration is responsible for this effort.

RE-read paragraphs 4 through 6, consider the parallel drawn by "contract" staffing in many US control towered airports and find somewhere else to spew your political rhetoric. It makes perfect sense and many in the FSS Sector have known this was coming for some time.

Many of these individuals will be offered early retirement. Some will be assimilated with the ATC function where significant staffing shortfalls are expected through 2010. The majority of the remaining staff will be offered severance or relocation compensation where applicable. BTW, where do you thing LMG is going to get the bulk of the staffing required to operate the equipment they will need to upgrade to assume the FAA contract? It makes perfect economical sense not normally reserved for an HS FO.

Either you support Mr. Bush or you don't. You can't have it both ways. I would rather have a 'restructuring' of Government Services that impact the deficit and my taxed income. If they were going to have some bonehead reading me a computerized weather briefing from Yemen, I might have a problem with this. But, it is an american company that will use american made hardware to overhaul the badly delapidated equipment at the FSS and chances are really good that it will be more efficient than it is currently.

Don't come in here and spout off with uninformed and misdirected garbage. Do your homework or take an economics class before you throw your biased weight around. Atleast then you won't look so foolish.

100-1/2

HawkerF/O said:
I found it funny you called me 'not so educated'.

1) You mispelled challenged

2) "Are you so perspectively challanged to not know that the difference." That whole sentence is not coherent, not to mention the spelling mistake and because you were trying to ask me a question, the sentence should have the proper puncutation on the end of it, and that would be a question mark.

3) There are 2 p's in sliPPed, not one.

I'll take those days off just as soon as you learn how to spell and use grammar correctly.

1. Your first point not only lacks the proper punctuation, it lacks ANY punctuation. Try a period, exclamation point... even an ellipse would work (see?).

2. In your second point, you make a spelling error ("puncutation") in a run-on sentence that really should have been two separate sentences. Alternatively, you could have used a semi-colon (looks like this - ;) after the word "mistake". You did neither.

3. None of that matters a bit. Childish, right? Then quit it. Personally, I think you make a valid point about the FSS workers, though others have posted rational thoughts to support the other side. The rest of your posts are utter silliness; and I really thought you were just making a friendly jab about the different airplane types at first. Now that I see you were serious, well... it's hard for me to fathom how something as dumb as flying a jet could give anyone such an inflated sense of self-worth. I mean, dude, it's a pipe with a couple fans bolted to it. If you're lucky (I don't know Hawkers) it might have some video games to play up front. Oh boy. (And to head off a post telling me how I must be saying this to compensate for what I fly, well... it's bigger than your plane, and they even let me sit in the left seat! :rolleyes: )

Finally, criticizing someone for putting his family, and his time with them, ahead of something as simple as operating a machine shows your complete lack of maturity. That is often, but not always, curable with time. You can only hope.

Latest resources

Back