FSI says free training for those involuntarily unemployed

Arvin

Camp Barnabas Bound
Total Time
FSI Helps Pilots and Techs Who've Lost Jobs

FlightSafety International yesterday announced a "Proficiency Protection Program" designed to help pilots and maintenance technicians of business aircraft who have become involuntarily unemployed since Jan. 1, 2009.

FSI will offer recurrent training at no cost to pilots of business aircraft who were training under a full- service contract at the time of their job loss in an aircraft type on which they were training. Maintenance technicians who were enrolled in FlightSafety's Master Technician program at the time of their job loss can receive the next course toward their Master Technician rating at no cost. Complete program details, including eligibility requirements and training request forms, are at www.flightsafety.com.

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
I am glad to see someone trying to help out these days...

CL600Pilot

Total Time
Much
No. They have to be 'unemployed' (ie - seperated from their employer) not 'furloughed' -- there's a difference.

kman

MR O
Total Time
>3.14
Amish why are you such an azz? Go post another FA STD thread while ur at it.

BeeFCaKe

Total Time
x,xxx
I wonder if CAE Simuflite will offer a similar program??

Dassault747

Total Time
Anybody applied to the program yet?

Has anybody applied to the program yet? I sent in my info on July 2nd and haven't heard back from them yet.

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Total Time
Mucho+
I submitted the form the same day that the deal started and got a letter last week with my approval..........

Thanks FSI !!

nismo611

Total Time
blah
Can we "furlough" someone and hire them back after the free ride at FSI?
Weird, someone in aviation trying to take advantage of something good and they aren't even trying to hide it. The scum bags never cease to amaze me. Aviation makes lawyers and politicians look honest.

inline

Total Time
19000+
FSI Helps Pilots and Techs Who've Lost Jobs

FlightSafety International yesterday announced a "Proficiency Protection Program" designed to help pilots and maintenance technicians of business aircraft who have become involuntarily unemployed since Jan. 1, 2009.

FSI will offer recurrent training at no cost to pilots of business aircraft who were training under a full- service contract at the time of their job loss in an aircraft type on which they were training. Maintenance technicians who were enrolled in FlightSafety's Master Technician program at the time of their job loss can receive the next course toward their Master Technician rating at no cost. Complete program details, including eligibility requirements and training request forms, are at www.flightsafety.com.
The democrat party and B. Hussein Obama should pay for their training. They were the ones doing all of the hollering about the "fat cats and their corporate jets" According to the dems you aren't allowed to earn money any more.