FS/CAE Instructor pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMBpilot

What is the pay for part/full time ground/sim instruction at FlightSafety or CAE?

My uncle is thinking to apply.

Thanks.

They start you at around 60K plus bennies. Then as you add types and longevity the pay goes up. I don't think they're hiring in DFW. They just laid off 50 folks.

SimuFlite laid off some in September, but I don't think it was anywhere near 50 IPs. Perhaps that number includes other staff as well if he's referring to CAE.

A friend of mine is a Challenger 300 instructor at CAE, just got hired this year.

90K to start. Guys qualified on two aircraft are making 120K. 401K, health, disability, etc.

He had to sign a 2-yr $50,000 training bond. If he leaves before 2 years he has to pay back a pro-rated amount.

How does the hourly incentive pay work at FSI? Does it really add much to the monthly take-home, i.e. is it really worth it to go out and bust your @ss?

Maybe the CAE Simuflite jobs included the Part Time Crewmembers that would sit in on your sim sessions if you went there solo. They just transitioned that to a "volunteer" program of sorts.

-CaKe

How does the hourly incentive pay work at FSI? Does it really add much to the monthly take-home, i.e. is it really worth it to go out and bust your @ss?

The incentive program CAN add alot to your take home - it just depends on alot of factors which the instructor generally has very little control over. It's not a situation where you can choose to "go out and bust your butt". You may be able to pick up a couple of extra days but generally speaking, all of the instructors in a given program are going to work about the same amount - especially now that things have really slowed down and the mother ship has started monitoring "personnel optimization" at the centers.

Latest resources

Back