Frustrated, Lockheed Martin Flight Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spankfly

We have had terrible trouble with the flight service program from Lockheed Martin, long holds, drop call, wrong information entered in to the flight plan.
Just this morning, I was on a Life Guard Flight at a remote airfield in western KY and I was on hold for fifteen minutes waiting to file a flight plan, just to be drop out of the system. If it’s this bad on a clear and sever day, what will happen when the weather is bad and every one is calling in for a briefs, pick up clearance’s and so on?
I could not take off with out an IFR flight plan for tracking purpose do to the nature of the flight and company policy.
When I called to complain, I was told too go to (afss.com) and fill out the pilot feed back from.
Evan the flight briefer are frustrated with the system.

Lockheed Martin D.C. center: 703- 724-4288

Lockheed Martin FSS web site: afss.com (pilot feed back from)

I routinely use fltplan.com, but on a recent trip to Alaska, I called in the flight plan on the phone. The briefer I talked to was the least professional I have ever had, and it seemed they were quite inexperienced. I made her read back the (long) route, which was good, cause she had it wrong. She also couldn't figure out the equipment suffixes (Canada overflight).

We are at an uncontrolled airport, so you call approach control for your clearance, but not until you're ready to go.

Yep, you guessed it, no flight plan on file.

Grreeeaaaaat.

Thanks Lockheed!

Yea, don't give important NOTAMS either!!!! But better than here in Africa!!!!! Ohhh it sucks here!!! NXXXX please Spell Intersection Control NXXXX We not talk to you no more report XXXX on 120.9 (XXXX is 250 miles away) they gave wrong frequency

Yea, i'm not to impressed either. We in Tulsa now get rerouted to Columbus. Long hold times and people aren't to friendly either.

Be sure to tell them what you think on their pilot feedback section:

www.afss.com

At least you still have one, we're losing our Great Falls FSS next month. They are moving the whole operation to Denver.

In my opinion, Dayton has always had a very friendly and professional FSS. Naturally, they are closing it down in about 2 weeks. Cleveland on the other hand, well let's just say I had a guy screaming at me over the radio once because i didn't understand what he mumbled three times in a row.

I have to laugh every time I see it mentioned in AOPA pilot magazine (or anywhere else) how the hold times have decreased, service and customer satisfaction improved, etc.. I must be using the wrong facilities. I was never on hold as long as I sometimes am now using the old system.

Latest resources

Back