• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Vs SWA for Cancun Route

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Department of Transportation will award the Cancun route after determining which carrier would provide the most benefits to the flying public, in terms of competition, safety and the ability to sustain traffic on the route.
I suppose that rules out swa from mdw.

Yep, anything that continues for 40 years is only thanks to timing and luck.

So, are you telling me Deregulation was completely brainstormed and implemented by SWA? I do believe they have done a good job but a lot has been at the expense of other airlines. I also believe the warrior spirit cult bull******************** is a bunch of malarky. They remind me of some people in the south, sweet to your face, then mother ******************** you behind your back. Just doesnt jive.

So, are you telling me Deregulation was completely brainstormed and implemented by SWA? I do believe they have done a good job but a lot has been at the expense of other airlines. I also believe the warrior spirit cult bull******************** is a bunch of malarky. They remind me of some people in the south, sweet to your face, then mother ******************** you behind your back. Just doesnt jive.

Never even remotely suggested that. To say that was to read things that weren't even implied.

No one says you have to buy in to our way of life here at SWA, but it's clear you have no clue about it either.

DALLAS, April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV - News) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways received route authority from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to operate new international flights between Chicago Midway International Airport and Cancun International Airport. AirTran will offer one daily nonstop flight between the two cities beginning on June 3, 2012, subject to Mexican government approval. The flights can be booked today at www.airtran.com.
"We are excited to offer all AirTran Airways Customers this new opportunity to travel to Mexico," said Bob Jordan, Southwest Airlines' Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer and AirTran Airways President. "The additional international service to Cancun is a great example of how Customers are already realizing the benefits of Southwest's acquisition of AirTran."
With a current average of 246 daily departures at Chicago Midway, the combined AirTran/Southwest is the second largest carrier in the Chicago region. AirTran and Southwest currently operate nonstop service between Chicago Midway and a total of 58 cities.
Southwest and AirTran express their sincere gratitude to the DOT for awarding this authority to AirTran, and to the City of Chicago for its enthusiastic support of the new service

...and I quote from Texas Monthly - March 2012 "Luv & War"

"Braniff once undercut Southwest by offering a $13 fare between Houston and Dallas,..."

Kelleher then, "pointed out that Braniff was trying to drive Southwest out of business, and as it turned out, Braniff and Texas International Airlines were both indicted in 1975 for scheming to do precisely that."

It's called predatory, pricing which seems to be SWA's M.O. lately among other things.

SWA, the hypocritical airline? I think so!

SWA's M.O. lately among other things

If your so sure about this claim then I hope you present it to BB so you can take it to court.

Some of you guys got what you wanted, some didn't. Sad for all the res and maint people though.

Employees and supporters of Frontier Airlines are rallying today in downtown Denver to help preserve the hometown air carrier.
Called "Save the Animals" in reference to the critters on Frontier planes' tails, the rally began at noon with a "peaceful demonstration" at Mayor John Hickenlooper's office.
The group, togged out in Frontier uniforms and gear with cow bells, whistles and hula hoops, is walking down the 16th Street Mall.
"We want the citizens of Denver to throw their support behind our great organization," the website savefrontier.org states.
Monday is the deadline for binding bids to acquire Frontier, which filed for bankruptcy in April 2008. If there are two or more bids, an auction will be held beginning Tuesday.
Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings offered in late June to acquire Frontier for $108.7 million, saying it planned to operate Frontier as usual.
Last week, Southwest Airlines submitted a nonbinding proposal of $113.6 million.
Southwest executives said initial plans call for integrating Frontier into Southwest within two years, with Frontier planes sold off and Frontier employees hired by Southwest "as needed to support our fleet growth and expanded operations."
The majority of Frontier's 5,000 employees "are absolutely sick about the possibility of being owned by Southwest," a Frontier flight-crew member requesting anonymity told The Denver Post. "There is nothing good about this acquisition. It's bad for Denver's economy."
The rally is not a protest, organizers say, adding, "We will not stand by and do nothing and watch our company disappear without a fight."
Frontier provides "huge service to the people of and the visitors to Colorado," the organizers said.
Frontier spokesman Steve Snyder said the rally has been organized by Frontier employees on their own time.
"While we appreciate their passion for our company, Frontier is bound by rules set up by the (bankruptcy) court for the auction process," Snyder said. Frontier must be "absolutely neutral in the process," Snyder said, and not endorse one group over another.

If your so sure about this claim then I hope you present it to BB so you can take it to court.

Some of you guys got what you wanted, some didn't. Sad for all the res and maint people though.

Employees and supporters of Frontier Airlines are rallying today in downtown Denver to help preserve the hometown air carrier.
Called "Save the Animals" in reference to the critters on Frontier planes' tails, the rally began at noon with a "peaceful demonstration" at Mayor John Hickenlooper's office.
The group, togged out in Frontier uniforms and gear with cow bells, whistles and hula hoops, is walking down the 16th Street Mall.
"We want the citizens of Denver to throw their support behind our great organization," the website savefrontier.org states.
Monday is the deadline for binding bids to acquire Frontier, which filed for bankruptcy in April 2008. If there are two or more bids, an auction will be held beginning Tuesday.
Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings offered in late June to acquire Frontier for $108.7 million, saying it planned to operate Frontier as usual.
Last week, Southwest Airlines submitted a nonbinding proposal of $113.6 million.
Southwest executives said initial plans call for integrating Frontier into Southwest within two years, with Frontier planes sold off and Frontier employees hired by Southwest "as needed to support our fleet growth and expanded operations."
The majority of Frontier's 5,000 employees "are absolutely sick about the possibility of being owned by Southwest," a Frontier flight-crew member requesting anonymity told The Denver Post. "There is nothing good about this acquisition. It's bad for Denver's economy."
The rally is not a protest, organizers say, adding, "We will not stand by and do nothing and watch our company disappear without a fight."
Frontier provides "huge service to the people of and the visitors to Colorado," the organizers said.
Frontier spokesman Steve Snyder said the rally has been organized by Frontier employees on their own time.
"While we appreciate their passion for our company, Frontier is bound by rules set up by the (bankruptcy) court for the auction process," Snyder said. Frontier must be "absolutely neutral in the process," Snyder said, and not endorse one group over another.

He already has.

Latest resources

Back