Frontier Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IMBB

I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a few questions about Frontier?

1. What is the monthly guarantee?
2. What are the plans for more airplanes? type/s?
3. Any plans/rumors for another base?
4. Do you have a commuter policy?
5. What kind of call out do you have for reserve?
6. What is the latest estimate on upgrading to captain?
7. Do you have one pay rate for both airplanes?
8. Do you have a commuter policy?
9. What are the non-revving benefits?
10. Could you possibly post the pay rates?

Thanks for all your help.

IMBB

I'm waiting on a class date and I'm away from home (and my F9 notes) right now, so I won't be able to answer all these, but I'll give it a try:

1. What is the monthly guarantee?

There isn't a monthly guarantee, per se. It's a flat monthly salary. You bid a line of flying and then if you pick up additional time beyond that, you get paid roughly the equivalent of 1.5x your implied hourly rate. You must be a lineholder (i.e., not reserve) before you can pick up additional flying.

5. What kind of call out do you have for reserve?

1.5 hours.

6. What is the latest estimate on upgrading to captain?

This is a tough one. I've got a friend who was recently awarded Boeing captain after only 18-19 months. I think this was somewhat of an anomoly. Upgrades have been quick over the past few years because it's easy to double the size of a the fleet when you've got 20 airplanes. It'll be more difficult to double the current fleet so I'm expecting significantly longer upgrades... maybe 4-5 years? But I'm guessing...

7. Do you have one pay rate for both airplanes?

Yes.

10. Could you possibly post the pay rates?

First year FO is approximately $42K. Second year ~$51K
New contract in the works.

Please people. If you find mistakes don't bite my head off. I'm just trying to help this guy out. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

To answer the inevitible question: I've got about 4000TT/400 121PIC/1800 Glass&FMS/1200 Jet/1400T-prop

I had 2 solid internal letters of rec.

Colo-Flyer

Was your 400 hours Part 121 PIC in turo-props or jets? Does Frontier look at furloughed guys? Thanks.

My 121 PIC time was in a Beech 1900D.

I'm not positive they have an 'official' policy regarding furloughed pilots or not, but I know they've been burned a few times lately with people either not showing up to classes and, in one case, a guy left during class.

On the other hand, I know of at least 2 people hired within the last 6 months who are furloughed from NWA and Delta.

They specifically told us at the interview that they require you to resign your seniority number at a current employer. In fact, our little group was told that if we hadn't resigned by the time we reported for class, composing a letter of resignation would be the first order of business.

No definite answers... just miscellaneous ramblings, I guess.

Good luck. I hear it's a great place to be and I know I'm looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back