• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Possible Expansion Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long did it take to get a line? Dunno, because I am still on reserve after 20 months. I am thinking I will have a line in February.

But the truer answer depends on when you get hired in the wave. Those at the front are only going to be on reserve for 3 months, if that. Do like I did and get in at the end, who knows.

Still happier sitting on reserve here than working as a captain at my last job.

Jetsi

I'd GUESS as a new hire now, with about 10/month coming on line, you'll be on reserve for less than four months.

Timing is everything!! I was on reserve for less than a month as a FO and 14 months as a captain.

Jetsi beat me to it:)

I agree timing is everything and I will be very lucky if I sit reserve less than 6mo's (i'm mean lucky in a happy way, not in a pessimistic way). Truth be told however, I would gladly sit on reserve for 2+ years at F9 rather than be a senior capt at my current company. I commute from denver to phl right now with 12 days off and junior manning going on, so all the seniority in the world wont fix that problem.

Does anyone else think it's a problem that Frontier flies a fleet of small, new airbus? What happens when they start paying for them and MX. If you have an airplane that has fewer seats the only way to increase rev. is to charge more. Not likely against SWA. SWA can charge less and fill more seats.

Maybe that is the trouble Frontier saw when they filed their SEC motion.

Captain Overs said:
Does anyone else think it's a problem that Frontier flies a fleet of small, new airbus? No.But thanks for sharing.What happens when they start paying for them and MX. We've got the same deal as JBLU and never have to pay for them :D If you have an airplane that has fewer seats the only way to increase rev. is to charge more. Not likely against SWA. SWA can charge less and fill more seats. Funny. We've been doing well against them so far. What makes you think we aren't getting those 340s I mentioned earlier?

Maybe that is the trouble Frontier saw when they filed their SEC motion. Why do you assume we raised the money for impending trouble?

You get money when times are "good" for expansion and for when times aren't so "good.":smash:

RiteSideUp said:
I agree timing is everything and I will be very lucky if I sit reserve less than 6mo's (i'm mean lucky in a happy way, not in a pessimistic way). Truth be told however, I would gladly sit on reserve for 2+ years at F9 rather than be a senior capt at my current company. I commute from denver to phl right now with 12 days off and junior manning going on, so all the seniority in the world wont fix that problem.

THANKS for the information. Now if I can just get a call someday in the near future! (Late Christmas presents are okay)

I would also much rather be on reserve for a long time as an FO at Frontier rather than PIC at the current regional.

Captain Overs said:
Does anyone else think it's a problem that Frontier flies a fleet of small, new airbus? What happens when they start paying for them and MX. If you have an airplane that has fewer seats the only way to increase rev. is to charge more. Not likely against SWA. SWA can charge less and fill more seats.

Maybe that is the trouble Frontier saw when they filed their SEC motion.

Captain Overs,
Frontier will never have to start paying for their Airbus fleet, just go to their 10k and find out for yourself. Maintenance is warranteed for ten years so the soonest they will start paying maintenance costs on their oldest airplane is almost seven years from now. Also, I heard that DIA is granting Frontier $184,000.000 in expansion capital and pre-paid user fees to even out the $184,000,000 that they just gave United in forgiven debt. So all-in-all I don't think Frontier sees trouble at all.

Jetsi said:
I will throw a guess out there. Raising the money to buy/lease/finance some extra aircraft (13 or less), and opening a new base in Nashville. Operations from BNA to the Caribbean.

Nashville huh? That would be great! There is plenty of room to grow out of BNA.

USMC319 said:
Captain Overs,
Frontier will never have to start paying for their Airbus fleet, just go to their 10k and find out for yourself. Maintenance is warranteed for ten years so the soonest they will start paying maintenance costs on their oldest airplane is almost seven years from now. Also, I heard that DIA is granting Frontier $184,000.000 in expansion capital and pre-paid user fees to even out the $184,000,000 that they just gave United in forgiven debt. So all-in-all I don't think Frontier sees trouble at all.

Like JB...I could not resist.
Flame away brothers!

I was on Reserve for only one month. Timing is everything!

Not sure about not having to pay for the airplanes, Capt Overs, but my paycheck has these very subtle "Airbus Industrie" watermarks running diagonally across them. Hmmmmmm.

Keep wishing.

Latest resources

Back