• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
WTF?

"Due to concerns about inappropriate interactive message board use, the interactive message board is no longer being offered"

Normally I wouldn't air dirty laundry, but seeing as I have no other place to post this..... Is this over the whole Frenchy deal? How utterly unbelievably lame. The dude hung himself and only got around to a half-assed apology a month later, then someone goes crying to FAPA leadership and makes an (apparently) convincing case to kill the ENTIRE message board? Including hotels, safety, jumpseat, scheduling information and feedback?

We're killing one of the few tools that create pilot unity at a time when we're going to need it the most? Management is going to be asking for relief any second now, and this is how we prepare for it, by stifling internal pilot communication?

It's not running for office. It's not volunteering on a committee. It's not voting. But posting on a union message board is at least some tiny little shred of participation in the association, that can snowball and benefits can be reaped later. There is a thread on the Great Lakes board right now that started as a few guys sulking, and has blossomed into a grassroots unity-fest, people asking about committe vacancies, how they can help, even reviving a newsletter. That kind of thing can't happen without a venue. Further, the board allows a quick check on the pulse of the pilot group, and can produce innovative thinking and solutions.

Yeah, there is bitching, but if a pilot stops whining, he is presumed dead. If a rant on the board about waiting to get parked allows a pilot to blow off steam, versus punching a ramper in the face, everybody is better off.

I'm really sad to see this happen, and it doesn't bode well. 2008 is going to be a rollercoaster. It's too early to derail over a silly issue about the relative merits of French tank transmissions.

I'm seriously pissed.

Who knows how long it will be down - they may be simply making some changes. Don't sweat it - John S. usually has good reasons for doing what he does, and this is probably no exception.

Probably will just have to vent on here for a little bit!

Don't sweat it - John S. usually has good reasons for doing what he does, and this is probably no exception.

I'm not even going to start listing the a$$holes in history who were able to accomplish their twisted agendas because of that very attitude.

I'm not even going to start listing the a$$holes in history who were able to accomplish their twisted agendas because of that very attitude.

Are you addressing my "attitude?" I know John personally, and my statement doesn't reflect an "attitude" - what is your frame of reference with respect to him? Unless you can provide some sort of context to this particular situation, I suggest you take a flying leap.

Unfortunately, the FAPA board started to read alot like this board. Unprofessional. I don't know why they decided to pull the plug, but the board didn't really appear to be serving its purpose. I am glad they shut it down. Hopefully, if the switch gets flipped on again we will start anew and act like adults.

Unfortunately, the FAPA board started to read alot like this board. Unprofessional. I don't know why they decided to pull the plug, but the board didn't really appear to be serving its purpose. I am glad they shut it down. Hopefully, if the switch gets flipped on again we will start anew and act like adults.

Hard to disagree with that! It's one thing to vent or criticize when money is being poured down the toilet, but it doesn't replace psychotherapy...that's what THIS board is for!
:rolleyes:

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!!

NOT THIS TIME!!!

I only use these boards for constructive things...:D

It does suck though, how am i going to find out about our hotels om the beach now?!

Latest resources

Back