• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the time to upgrade was at Frontier pre-911, and also what's the best guess now?

Congrats on the new aircraft order, BTW! :cool:

Couldn't tell you now..

with the new aircraft orders, but I just moved up at a little over two years. With the transition from 737s the list will stagnate for a while though.

WHAT ARE THE MINS FOR FRONTIER?

How many do they plan on hiring? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

I hadn't seen anything, and wanted to repeat holdon's question. Does anyone out there know the hiring minimums for Frontier now?

Thanks.

HAL

How'd it go?

Hey Iflewjetz,

So, how did the interview go? Any suggestions for others who might interview in the future? Any insight in to which aircarft newhires are placed into - probably the Airbus with the expansion ahead?

What were your general impressions of the people and place?

Good luck and keep us updated....

Sorry it took so long, just getting over the rejection letter and the depression. Here it is:I interviewed August 4th and got the rejection letter a couple of weeks ago. Still bummed by it. It was actually a pretty easy interview and I hope it was what they said, competition is fierce people with time and type in Airbus and 737, and not me screwing it up. It started out with Linda Kellerman doing the HR part. She is real nice and she was once a Flight Attendant so dont diss them. The questions were:
Why Frontier. Have you ever broken an FAR. Have you ever broken an FAR to arrive on time. Tell me a time you had an emergency or problem flying. Have you ever had a problem with a Captain. Will you relocate. Are you nervous. What do you do in your spare time. Pretty much get to know you type questions. Tell me a time....
Then you go into the pilot interview. Boeing fleet Mgr and Airbus fleet Mgr and another pilot. One discussed the company for a while. then one pulled out some plates. What is the top of the Class B here in Denver, I think it was 12000. What is the MSA for this approach. Where is that measured from and how far. Where is the FAF for the approach. If the weather goes below mins and you are outside the approach, what will you do, what about inside. On the arrival what will you do at ______ fix. I cant remember the fix, but it was slow to whatever the speed and be at whatever altitude. I know 250 KTS ,,How long will you keep that speed. Then the other pilot asked two questions. You are the F/O and there is ice on the wings and the CA says he doesnt want to deice what will you do. He still says no, what will you do. I think they want you to say push the talk button and tell ground or the tug you are deicing so he doesnt have an excuse. Dont say call in sick, I didnt but someone did and didnt get hired. I stumbled and said I wouldnt go unless deiced, they may have mistook my answer. Then you are the CA and a FA come down at the hotel and has laryngitis what will you do. She cant legally do her job so you have to cancel the flight because you are at an outstation and no other FAs Then the other guy didnt have any tech questions on my plane because he didnt know anything about the F100. Asked if I had any questions. I heard a person on the Airbus was asked what does the ditch button do. and a few others.

SORRY!:(

It sounds like all of the right answers to me... I'd say the competition is fast and furious. Sorry you didn't get the nod!

I've had some people PM me asking about what it takes to get an interview/hired.

I honestly have no idea! I can't even get some pals who've I flown/worked with an interview:( I meet some on the line with no jet time and an inside track to the company, and some who've got tons of time and no LOR.

I say to all - Can't win if you don't play, get as many LOR's as possible, and keep updating!

Good luck to all!

Iflewjetz:

Sorry to hear about you not getting picked up by Frontier. But in case you did'nt know,I heard that America West has depleted their pool of pilot applicants and will be hiring 150 minimum next year.

Address is 4000 E Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ

Hope this helps.

PHXFLYR

:cool:

Ditching guarded pushbutton

Closes all valves below the water line in the eventuality of a water landing.

"Sends a close signal to the out flow valve, emergency ram air inlet, avionics ventilation inlet and extract valves, pack flow control valves, and aft cargo isolation valves."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back