• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

M3pilot

Living the dream!
Hi folks,

I was in the office at Frontier the other day and saw someone sitting down at a cubicle, and it looked like he was taking a test. I heard him making pilot talk with someone who looked like a Frontier pilot (walked in the room). I didn't know they were giving a test and haven't seen much recent gouge (newest is 10-10-2002) on aviationinterviews.com. I haven't really had any luck finding gouge elsewhere but perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. You all seem to be pretty well in the know around here so I thought I'd ask you. Any updates/other sources on F9?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all.

As far as I know there is no written test for F9. The pilots have taken back the hiring from HR. You will sit down with the CP and an other pilot (usually a training type in the office at the time) and talk about you and why you want to fly for F9. Some questions about the A/C you have been flying and general FARs. They are looking to see how much training you will need and if you are a nice guy to fly with. Every body is very up front and great guys. Everybody is very approachable. Do your home work about F9, know who, what, when and where about the company. An auto bust is "so what kind of airplanes does Frontier fly?"

Good luck, we are hiring about 10 a month into both the Boeing and Airbus. A LOR is almost manditory, with 5000+ hrs, and 121 time.

Starting Pay at F9 from today until May 1,2003
FO $40,089

On may 1,2003 the pay goes to FO $41,291

Our contract started on May 1,2000 and goes to May1, 2005

Always Fly Frontier (Ineed the job:) )

Any of you Frontier guys know if its acceptable for prior service military guys to add .2 per flight when listing your time on a resume?

Thanks

Hi Rice,
I just couldn't resist...Wasn't it, "Fly what you can and log what you need?" back in the Navy? :) Oh yeah, be sure and get out that "heavy" pencil for all required logbook entries!

Fly safe,

ex-Navy rotorhead

Rice,

Log the way you think it should be logged and let them know how you logged your millitary time. Adding .2 conversion factor or not. The CP is ex-navy so he will understand.

As it stands now, Frontier is still hiring about 60 more this year for a total of about 100 guys. I can see the four bars from here. Hiring in both the Boeing and Airbus.

They are looking for 5000 TT, 1000 PIC, 1000 Jet, Prefer 121 and college.

Look for Frontier to come out stronger in the next few months.

Latest resources

Back