Frontier Hopeful and Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AnimalTale

Just want to give you an update (unofficial and subject to change) and some speculation on future classes and hiring.

We have around 40 Airbuses and 5 Boeings......The Boeings will be gone in April 2005. We are transitioning all Boeing Pilots.

Our utilization has increased due to the hourly implementation. This is GREAT for current seniority pilots... and the company. Not good for poolies because hiring is going to be pushed back...From what I hear there might not be any classes til the end of 2005. (Hold on...this is just a preliminary date, things could change)

The company is doing good, or at least as good as it can with the high fuel prices and the competition from the other Denver based airline. F9 only lost 2 million last quarter and all the government backed loans are paid in full. Plus with the cost of Cat 2/3 training,BoeingAirbus transition, botched LAX expansion and HIgh Den Airport operating costs..the 2 mill is peanuts.

We have a guarantee of 62 Airbus deliveries which will all be on property by 2008 and an option for 23 more. Also with UALs downsizing in Denver, things could pick up for F9 and Hiring could accelerate soon.

It is well worth the wait. F9 is a good airline to work for . Good Skeds, Good Pay (starting $52/hr---Top Captain $165/hr) and real nice people. Of course this is the airline industry everything could change..

Last edited:
Go ahead>>>>>.....Over

How many "poolies" out there? I know one--he got told Dec 05 as implied in this thread.

Don't give up !

I've heard similar to what AnimalTale wrote, but I don't agree. (again we are both guessing)

The link below gives part of the reason I think there will be some off the street hiring prior to the end of 2005 (I think it'll be more like April-just a guess)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business/article/0,1299,DRMN_4_3331759,00.html

We've publicly said we're reducing our growth plans due to low yields and high fuel costs, but with UAL paring flights out of Denver it should allow both of us to increase our fares. This COULD allow us to explore other options and require hiring.

The biggest deal in regard to staffing was our switch to hourly pay. It has greatly increased the QOL of the average line pilot and reduced the reserve contingent needed.

Next to B6 our CASM ex-fuel was the lowest in the industry last quarter so we are positioned to make money as soon as the yield moves at all.

Good luck and don't give up!

F9drvr,

I too agree with you..Maybe I did not convey my message correctly. I think we will need to start classes in MArch/Apr.

Hi to all

New poster here... Interviewed in March and have been in the pool ever since. I was in the 20 Sep new-hire class until it was cancelled. Last week I called HR to get any updates. The HR rep said it could be December 2005 until I get a class. The reasons sounded similar to what's been mentioned on this thread. Obviously, I hope the optimism expressed by you all comes true--next spring sounds a lot better than another year of waiting. My family and I can't wait to get to Colorado.

Cheers

Having 9 people below me on the seniority list, I hope it is Spring too.

But with the new reserve system, I am getting to spend A LOT of time at home, so that isn't too bad either.

You will get here soon enough, and you will love it when you get here.

Jetsi

Latest resources

Back