Frontier hiring process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scouts out!

Could somebody shed some light on how I would go about applying for a job with Frontier. I have looked several times on their website just to see that they are not accepting resumes. I would love the chance to fly for them. Also do you know what their looking for and what is competitive for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I only work for Frontier nad am far from management, but what I can say about getting on to Frontier is.

1. Having a LOR goes a long way to getting the call.

2. Competitive times are around 5000-10,000 hrs.

3. Previous 121 time ie. B737 or Airbus is very helpfull.

4. Persistance is key.

There are quite a few resumes on the CPs desk and everyone here has someone that they know and would like to get on. We have 27 going through class for both the 737 and Airbus. 95% are ex-airline(furloughed). Two have 91/135 background with strong LORs. Last rumor was they are to hire another 30 by the end of the year. The hold up on interviewing now is getting those 27 through class plus 8 in upgrade and 12 in Airbus transition done.

Fly Frontier (I need the job)

5000-10000?

I ran across a Frontier F/O in the terminal the other day and he didn't look a day over 21 years old !!!

I guess we should also include "major connections" as one of the requirement, as well as a Denver address

Two-9-9-TwoSet,

Yes, major connections are a very big help. But remember we are post 9-11 and thousands of pilots have had their careers turned up side down. Most of those hired are ex-ailine, and are current in the planes we fly. Some are from US Air, United, Vanguard, etc.

Yes, we do have many FOs with 2000-3000 hours but they were hired pre 9-11 when there were few high time guys looking for a job and the majors were hiring.

No, a Denver address is not required. About 35% commute, but why commute, Denver is a great place to live.

Always Fly Frontier (I need the job)

Frontier

Up Front,

Thanks for the info. That is pretty much what I expected. I just fall into competitive times with 5400 hours time and 1200hrs part 121 PIC in the Dornier 328. I now live in Denver and love it out there and hope that my persistance will pay off with Frontier even if I have to bang on the front door of corporate. If you have any other insight into how I may get hired on with Frontier please let me know via this board or private message. Thanks

Any News??

Been kinda quiet around here about F9. Anyone with some good news? A friend said there has been limited hiring in the last few months and there may be some accelerated interviewing coming up soon. Not looking to start a rumor but sure would be nice if some of you guys could confirm or deny. Could really use some "Spirit of the West" right now.

Per plan

not accelerated hiring according to mgt. We are hiring about 10 per month right now, and are currently interviewing. Now its pilots hiring pilots with H.R. only involved after the interview:)

I have it on good authority that to be competitive you need 5000tt, 3000pic, one year 121, and an employee LOR.

I hope that this helps! I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get a couple of qualified friends an interview for the last year:(

Can't win if you don't play!

Thanks !!

Guess that one year of 121 experience is gonna be the kicker for alot of us who've been waiting for the call. Hope my buddy's got one or two of them magic silver bullets left. Otherwise its gonna be a long cold winter.

Well I guess I am on the same boat.

I have 6400 TT and over 4000PIC Turbine 121 time and a LOR and nothing yet.

Oh well!!:(

Latest resources

Back