Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechnut

Ndugu's Foster Dad
Heard through the grapevine.... F.O's on jumpseat who's CA had previous jumpseater who said... blah blah blah...

...who said Frontier wants a 20% paycut from their pilots and also wants to greatly reduce the first year pay.

Anyone know of this?

S.

O crap. A new low benchmark for the majors to aim for.

They asked for a pay cut and newhire pay will go down with the new contract. I don't believe it was 20 percent however and the neg. comm. is not giving on the pay (other than newhire).

This is why a nation wide contract is need !Flying a 320 /319 everybody pays the same rate period. It's the only way to get some leverage /control.If United pays say 135$ and Frontier is paying 155$ how long did anybody think it would take for Fronter management to ask for some type of parity.

This is why a nation wide contract is need !Flying a 320 /319 everybody pays the same rate period. It's the only way to get some leverage /control.If United pays say 135$ and Frontier is paying 155$ how long did anybody think it would take for Fronter management to ask for some type of parity.

You are absolutely right. It is the only way we will ever get any leverage.

It'll never happen, but a nation-wide contract/seniority list is the only way. Pilots are too parochial and too self-serving to set aside any short-term personal gain for anything; even if it would tremendously benefit the career field and them personally in the long-term. Pilots are their own worst enemy.

Hum, All I'm talking about is a contract, seniority is a different issue . One thing at a time.We need to make all managers compete on their own merit and not off our backs.

If United pays say 135$ and Frontier is paying 155$

A couple of comments:

1. There is not a pilot at Frontier making $155 per hour.

2. Why no mention of SW. We all know a 737 CA makes alot more than a Frontier or United equivalent.

A couple of comments:

1. There is not a pilot at Frontier making $155 per hour.

You're right, it's $156.28 for a 12 year CA.

What that says is that unfortunately, the UAL guys really got screwed. I don't think $135 is enough for a 320 CA.

My 2 cents.

You're right, it's $156.28 for a 12 year CA.

How many 12 year Captain's fly for Frontier???? My guess there are only a few. If you reduce their hourly rate to $135 that still won't save Frontier from the $190 per hour SW CA gauntlet. Good luck to the Frontier folks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back