• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier announces move to Hobby

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airport authority is moving them to the A gates in September.

Southwest bought out American's leases last month to get them over to the A gates as well.

Could be interesting.

However if there is no profit on those flights then it doesn't matter. Just because 125/137 on each plane then there may not be anything there. Especially at 29-59 fares.

I would guess the avg ticket is a bit higher than $29-59. There may be a few sold at that price point, but not many.

Guess who's new hometown airline will be for travel south of the border.
Kitchow!!!....didn't see that coming now ditcha?

Guess who's new hometown airline will be for travel south of the border.
Kitchow!!!....didn't see that coming now ditcha?

I think he's alluding to the fact that SWA is eventually gonna be flying to Mexico on many of the same routes that F9 services.

This could get interesting for the next few months. I'm not sure how many of the passengers out of HOU to DEN are O & D, but with the schedule optimization they could send a lot more connection traffic through HOU, increasing the number of flights to DEN, while allowing a drop in airfare since the costs could be in essence "subsidized" on the connection legs. I'm definately not a revenue management guy, but I do know the SWA people are really good at schedules and what the fare point is for certain cities. There has been a lot of research done through the years, and not just for SWA cities.

Latest resources

Back