• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines gets $40 million DIP Financing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Experienced pilots losing jobs to pilots that will fly for food stamps. The wave of the future. It turns your stomache. No morals left in this business.

I hear you man....There are less experienced "mainline" Compass pilots who make far less than me who want to replace me at ASA...No morals left at all....:rolleyes:

I don't see the upside for Frontier. If you had to take the $40 to pay back the $30 who's gonna give you the $125 to pay back the $70? Sounds like a pyramid scheme.

Gup

Gup,
There is no $70. I don't know where that came from except for uneducated guesswork by some on here.
The up side is that F9 meets the April 1st deadline to pay off the original DIP. The downside is what it has always been...possibly not finding an exit financier. management seems to be pretty confident though. who knows.

You are like a stuck record. If the tail wags too hard, it will be cut off. You are not an equal, get over it. You want to be an equal, resign your seniority number like we all did and get hired.

As you said in another post....The tail is waging the dog....It was only a matter of time.....Would the body like to deal with the tail as an equal yet?

Many of our guys have alot of experience - we have many ex military fliers, who ten years ago would have gone right to UAL, DAL, etc...
It sucks that you got furloughed, with so much invested in your career, but the word that I've heard, is that Midwest is and has been for a number of years, an organizational nightmare.... Their mngt is a train wreck.
Our mngt is ruthless and doesn't give out loans for nothing. Should Midwest fail, you can bet that Republic will be first in line to take the choicest pickings e.g. LGA slots, etc..

What sucks is an FO flying a 70+seater for $37/hr and a CA doing the same for $66.

Hey Gup
How many times do we have to flush to make you go away???

I bled F9 green when it was "the spirit of the west" and have a soft spot in my heart for Frontier. I am trying to figure out how Republic so graciously giving F9 money is good for F9. If that's got your panties in a wad then I can't help you bro but feel free to kiss my a$$.

Gup

I hear you man....There are less experienced "mainline" Compass pilots who make far less than me who want to replace me at ASA...No morals left at all....:rolleyes:

Joe Merchant lecturing on morals is like Al Qaeda lecturing on peace!

I bled F9 green when it was "the spirit of the west" and have a soft spot in my heart for Frontier. I am trying to figure out how Republic so graciously giving F9 money is good for F9. If that's got your panties in a wad then I can't help you bro but feel free to kiss my a$$.

Gup

Give...? I think it's at 14% or something close to that. Believe me, Republic does not like Frontier nor does Frontier like Republic. This is a pure business transaction on both sides. Although, it's obvious Frontier is the more needy party.

Latest resources

Back