Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From Cessna to the CRJ the Journey Starts Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The people that didn't feel like this kid are the people that no one wants to do a four day with.

^^^^^ Agreed 100%^^^^^^^^

I honestly didn't post the blog for anybody to trash the kid. I would hope people could reach out and encourage but also help him understand what this job has become.

^^^^^ Agreed 100%^^^^^^^^

I honestly didn't post the blog for anybody to trash the kid. I would hope people could reach out and encourage but also help him understand what this job has become.

Unfortunately, there are too many cowards like "clutch" on here who hide behind a screen name and snipe at people.

Believe it or not, there are worse jobs to be had than flying jets, even at the regional level in this economic climate. This beats the heck out of the future I had in front of me, had I succumbed to the vacuum of my small hometown. This isn't the career we'd all grown up lusting over, but it still beats working in the mill or digging ditches.

Imacdog hit the nail on the head. People who never had this kid's enthusiasm turn into the ranting, raving pilots who can't move on to something better. Even though they get great trips, they don't understand why they always end up with reserve crews. The kid wants in for the right reason, and maybe by the time he gains some seniority, things will have improved a little, or at least maybe he won't have to sit right seat on reserve for four years.

well the blog is down and i didn't even get to see it...what's wrong with pursuing your dreams, though? let him do his thing

ALPA did a great uplifting motivational article about a mans man who flies for the reserves, fights fires for the NYFD, helps little old ladies across roads, climbed everest, and still finds time to be a RJ first officer. We could use that one. Oh yea, it turned out all to be a lie. That magazine could screw up a wet dream. But at least they are paid well for zero fact checking or editorial due diligence.

10 years ago I had the same enthusiasm for this profession. That was because I blindly entered this career, not having any clue to what it was really like. Kid, if your reading any of this you should sit down with a few regional f/o's and captains and let them explain in detail what to expect. If I knew then what I know now......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back