• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freight Dawg Down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RIP my fellow freighter. I do agree that they should have at least autopilots or even better SIC's. Maybe this tragedy could have been adverted. Does anyone know who the pilot was? It wasn't Jose was it? Someone please PM me or post it up. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends involved. Grand Aire guys be careful.

Freight Dawg said:
Fact Is Someone Is Dead...

Lots of people are dead FreightDawg. Take a coffee break and get ahold of your emotions. I want to know what went wrong and caused this plane to crash.

I am so sorry to hear that one of us has died. my heart goes out to the family and my prayers are with them.
hopefully we can all learn somthing from the tragity, once we find out what went wrong. So we dont become the next tragity.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic with my first post...:(

NoPax...as far as the "prissy" comment...just shows who did their homework before accepting a job huh...;) :D

starchkr said:
Sorry for taking the thread off topic with my first post...:(

NoPax...as far as the "prissy" comment...just shows who did their homework before accepting a job huh...;) :D

Dam you and your short-bus:crying:

NoPax said:
I'm hand-flying 5 hours a night, a 12 hour duty day with no chance for rest on my 6 hour downtime in Austin. I'm pretty tired when I get home, then have to get up and do it all over again. I also fly 5 nights a week, and load upto 1200lbs per leg (4 legs) not a prissy 4 night a week Airnet gig :)

There isn't even another pilot that can cover my route when I am tired/sick/etc, so I have to go anyways.

Let look at both comments here... Sorry to hiJack this should be a RIP thread.
1.) AirNet is not a prissy job at all. Like Starchkr said you just picked the wrong company. Think please before you make comments like that.
2.) That's about the dumbest thing I have every heard. Don't you remember the IMSAFE from your early flying days. Thats the kind of crap that will get you hurt. Please do us all a favor and stay out of the sky when your out of it. You know your limitations, but be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPax
I'm hand-flying 5 hours a night, a 12 hour duty day with no chance for rest on my 6 hour downtime in Austin. I'm pretty tired when I get home, then have to get up and do it all over again. I also fly 5 nights a week, and load upto 1200lbs per leg (4 legs) not a prissy 4 night a week Airnet gig :)

There isn't even another pilot that can cover my route when I am tired/sick/etc, so I have to go anyways.

Let look at both comments here... Sorry to hiJack this should be a RIP thread.
1.) AirNet is not a prissy job at all. Like Starchkr said you just picked the wrong company. Think please before you make comments like that.
2.) That's about the dumbest thing I have every heard. Don't you remember the IMSAFE from your early flying days. Thats the kind of crap that will get you hurt. Please do us all a favor and stay out of the sky when your out of it. You know your limitations, but be safe.

Starchkr and I go back a little bit, it was a dig at him - I like AirNet honestly.

If I called in tired, I would be looking for a new job - I'm not a whiner, and I'm never out of it - it's reality though. If my route needs to be covered, I pay for the guy to fly/drive there - my comments are made to emphasize that maybe the FAA should look at this too - no passenger op would be like this.

I did call in sick one time last year - I was out of it - and the secretary, in her words said 'well there's noone to cover your route, you'll have to fly anyways' - I did take the night off after talking to my CP.

4 Falcons, 1 Metro, 1 Aerostar, and a Hansa Jet all meeting their doom since 2000. Add another Falcon and Aerostar between 1995-2000. How is it that Grand Aire still has insurance, pilots, and customers?

Well time to change the N numbers and company name again. Guess they figure that is the down side to losing an aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back