Freelance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dal757

Got a friend who is a part-time instructor with a full time job in another career. He has 1000/100+ hours. Are any of the regionals going to have a problem hiring him w/out a "full time flying job"? He seems to be very current.

I have'nt flown professionally (135) two years just freelance less than 50 hours this year and they say I can get hired 2300 TT 250 ME.

Got a friend who is a part-time instructor with a full time job in another career. He has 1000/100+ hours. Are any of the regionals going to have a problem hiring him w/out a "full time flying job"? He seems to be very current.

Send him to ASA. They'll hire anyone who will actually show up to class. Apply at flyasa.com

Comair and Eagle can barely staff there fleet they are so short handed....I dont think 1000 & 100 will get you hired at Comair but i know it would at Eagle...both are airlineapps.com members

It depends on the carrier. Most of them just want to see that you're current (ex: 100 hours in the last 90 days). So as long as his flying is consistent it most likely won't be an issue. If he wants a sure thing Mesa will hire him. I met a guy that works there that hadn't flown in three years except to meet the bare minimums for currency and they hired him. But I wouldn't suggest going to work for them unless he wants to work for total retards and go thru one of the worst training programs in the industry.

Yeah I figured Mesa would pick him up but not sure about EJT, Eagle,Skywest..

thanks for the info. I'll pass it on.

Latest resources

Back