• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom Tower

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure that there are experts who would argue with this, but I have thought since 9-11 that the most fitting tribute to those who died that day as crew or passengers, or building occupants, or police and fire personnell, would be to rebuild the structures to appear to be substantially the same (with better design) and even taller than the originals. This would show the world that the terroists have not defeated us, and that we came back stronger, taller, and better than ever.

I'm not sure the new building does all that.

Last edited:
I agree timebuilder. rebuild them as you say. Nothing would be more of an insult to the jerks that brought them down than to have the WTC rebuilt in a similar, improved fashion.
Some new age, "memorial" structure is nice, but dwells on the horrors of 9/11 instead of showing strength.

What a concept!

I don't remember who said it first, but I was intrigued with the concept ofrebuilding the rascals back in tall form, and then move the UN into the top 30 floors of each building.

Such a move might solidify the world's standing against terrorism, eh?

Re: What a concept!

Eagleflip said:
I don't remember who said it first, but I was intrigued with the concept ofrebuilding the rascals back in tall form, and then move the UN into the top 30 floors of each building.

GREAT Idea!

Re: What a concept!

Eagleflip said:

I'd rather see them just level the U.N. and build a nice park.

Build them back. Level the UN and build a memorial park there.

I believe there is a vast amount of land available for a new UN headquarters in South Dakota or Western Nebraska. Just so long as diplomats have to stay at a Motel 6 and eat at a Dairy Queen.

bart said:

I believe there is a vast amount of land available for a new UN headquarters in South Dakota or Western Nebraska. Just so long as diplomats have to stay at a Motel 6 and eat at a Dairy Queen.
.....and be charged at least $30 an hour for parking space.

And deal with cab drivers that only speak english and drive the speed limit

Latest resources

Back