Freedom and the AWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

p.b.

I'm confused as to why there is so little info coming from the AWA MEC concerning the contract AWA flying being done by Freedom.

ALPA says Freedom is a scab outfit, but I haven't seen any public outcry from the ALPA leadership at AWA calling for their management to stop using Freedom.

Could someone from AWA enlighten me?

Yes, and have you seen the first year pay for FOs at Freedom? It is a joke that people are willing to fly large regional jets for around $20 an hour. Operations such as this are only going to continue to drag down the aviation industry.

I am just curious. What is there to prevent Freedom from operating Airbuses or Boeings? There isn't any scope clause at AWA is there?

We have a contract and a scope clause. It is violated daily. I am no politician or lawyer. It would take both to understand how they they are getting away with this. All I know is that the union has grievances filed, hundreds of them. Wish I had a better answer for you. What comes around goes around, especially in this business! They (Freedom) will get what's coming to them. I just fly the plane and have a good time. We have a great group of pilots here.

And, to top it off you can live in Phoenix. What a beautiful town. Warm weather, sun tanned hotties, it really is Paradise. Beats Atlanta any day.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back